Technical Removing yellow spanner symbol on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Removing yellow spanner symbol on dash

ROBERT SMITH

Hi, I have a 2016 Fiat 500 X 1.6 petrol and I have the service schedule yellow spanner symbol constantly showing on my dash.
I deliberately missed my service schedule in November because i want it serviced next spring time instead.
Please can anyone tell me how to remove the yellow spanner symbol from my dash, if so, please can you explain it in simple terms as i am not very versatile with all the gadgets on the steering wheel and car computers.

Many thanks,

Robert

I'm doing the same as you.

My 360 days service interval expired and I got the Yellow spanner. I was only at 7K miles and wanted to wait till 9K comes up. I have MES but not wanting to decrement the Service Coupon yet I just ignored the spanner. It eventually went away after another period of time - month?.

I'm now getting to near 8500 miles so I'm expecting the 9K threshold warning to soon show the yellow spanner again. I'll probably have to ignore that one for a short while as well till early next year and better weather.

Last edited:
You're right - if you reset the service interval it does decrease the service coupon count. You can just go into the service coupon page in MultiScan and increase it again if you want.

You're right - if you reset the service interval it does decrease the service coupon count. You can just go into the service coupon page in MultiScan and increase it again if you want.

Yes you can change the service coupon count with MES. Increase is not what you really want to do unless you want to "clock out" the coupon counter to never get a reminder again.

Whilst I have control/supervision over the service coupon counter warnings I'll just let them run their course.

For me I'm targeting 9K mile oil changes / service, 2 year brake fluid, 5 year antifreeze, 5 year cam belt changes.

The 500X service computer will only clock 365 days and 9K miles. 9K is my oil change red flag. The 2 and 5 year stuff I'll handle "off line".

Back