Technical removing front suspension nut

Currently reading:
Technical removing front suspension nut

stripped another one but only thing i cant remove this time is front suspension
already twisted 3 allen keys, then i bought "better" one that was for socket wrench, that one broke and stayed inside, any ideas on removing nut without using heat, it has been soaked in wd40 for few days
was thinking of cutting around it with angle grinder and bringing it to a buddy with impact wrench
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150827_151704.jpg
    20150827_151704.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
  • 20150827_151652.jpg
    20150827_151652.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 498
stripped another one but only thing i cant remove this time is front suspension
already twisted 3 allen keys, then i bought "better" one that was for socket wrench, that one broke and stayed inside, any ideas on removing nut without using heat, it has been soaked in wd40 for few days
was thinking of cutting around it with angle grinder and bringing it to a buddy with impact wrench
attachment.php

Anglegrind it out! :devil:

Or order one of these things as recommended by our own Andy Puntohowto. 450NM of mains powered impact wrenching! I just ordered one.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-cew1000-electric-impact-wrench

And thanks because looking at that thing reminded me I had bought a 19mm elbow spanner to tighten my nuts up and have not done it yet. :)

Last edited:
A windy gun is the only way I've ever been able to undo that type of top mounting.

I have the Clarke gun that was linked to. It's pretty good, saved me more than 70 quid in effort and time.

Yes, impact hammer is right - Clarkes £60-70 . I suggest you probaly should replace the strut/shock which is likely knacered.do bothe sides get from ebay NOT Eurocar parts.

I had to impact mine up

If it was me - i'd wire wheel / brush the fitment after to prevent its been a pain on refit / removal

Copper slip it too!

Another possible idea is to cut a Slot in the top there - say with a dremel allowing a screwdriver todo the job

However - it may then just shatter.... resulting in impact only

Ziggy

Back