Technical Radiator removal?

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator removal?

Hey folks,

I think my radiator has developed a leak on the bottom right side (as you look at the engine) on my punto HGT. I’d like to replace it myself if possible.

How difficult is it to remove the radiator? Does the air con rad need to be removed also?

Thanks!

Hey folks,

I think my radiator has developed a leak on the bottom right side (as you look at the engine) on my punto HGT. I’d like to replace it myself if possible.

How difficult is it to remove the radiator? Does the air con rad need to be removed also?

Thanks!
you can remove the water radiator and leave the A/C one in place. I have the 16V car. It is a bit fiddly to remove the black plastic radiator shroud which contains the fan until you can see how the radiators have to be lifted off the shroud first. I think the shroud is all that supports the weight of the AC radiator . You cannot easily see the part of the shroud that is going under the water radiator to support the AC radiator. The shroud is part of the way the radiators are connected as a solid assembly to the car.

Attachments

• punto radiator shroud.jpg
    punto radiator shroud.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back