Tuning Remap make much difference?

Currently reading:
Tuning Remap make much difference?

slack666

I am looking at getting just a remap nothing else no induction kit e.t.c

Those of you who have had a remap has anyone just had a remap and everything standard does it make much of a difference?

I have a abarth i have been told it will increase bhp by about 16-18 and just over 20nm torque is this correct and what will this affect and by how much

0-60
60-100
low end revs
high end revs

Any info will be great and thanks in advance

I'd urge you to have a search through the forums......

Remaps and Stilos can be something of a mixed blessing and I'm sure there were issues with the Abarth, something along the line of a multitude of different ECUs fitted during the production run which some maps caused issues with. In some cases a loss of power post remap :(
Ofcourse, it's entirely plausible that whoever is offering you a remap is aware of the issues and is well prepared to deal with them.

I'm not an Abarth owner so hopefully someone who is will post something but, as I said, have a search through the site and see what you find (y)

I'd urge you to have a search through the forums......

Remaps and Stilos can be something of a mixed blessing and I'm sure there were issues with the Abarth, something along the line of a multitude of different ECUs fitted during the production run which some maps caused issues with. In some cases a loss of power post remap :(
Ofcourse, it's entirely plausible that whoever is offering you a remap is aware of the issues and is well prepared to deal with them.

I'm not an Abarth owner so hopefully someone who is will post something but, as I said, have a search through the site and see what you find (y)

I have looked at a lot of stuff on here and seen all the rr days i see that with an induction kit normally gsr+remap you will go to just over 200BHP

but can't really find anyone who has just had a remap and even all the people with the induction kits +remap no one says in real terms what the differnce would be i.e 0-60 60-100 e.t.c

also i thought a lot of the problems came from the gsr induction kit letting in to much air at low end revs thats why no one saw the problems on the rr because you don't do low end people only saw it on the drive home or in the next few days after, but i thought had now been fixed

Thanks for you reply

induction kit letting in too much air?! 2.4 is naturally aspirated.. and given that on 2.4 the map sensor is not on the pipe but in the intake housing - there shouldn't be any electrical issues even if you remove the whole original intake system (just don’t touch the engine :ROFLMAO:) power wise.. obviously i’ve not done it (nor do i have a 2.4) but im my opinion (whatever it’s worth) you won’t be getting much from a remap.. just go with induction and ensure you’ve a source of clean cold air (i.e. having a cone in the engine bay will not be very useful in traffic as it will be sucking in hot air.. so ok it may flow more.. but the density would be less :ROFLMAO:)

induction kit letting in too much air?! 2.4 is naturally aspirated.. and given that on 2.4 the map sensor is not on the pipe but in the intake housing - there shouldn't be any electrical issues even if you remove the whole original intake system (just don’t touch the engine :ROFLMAO:) power wise.. obviously i’ve not done it (nor do i have a 2.4) but im my opinion (whatever it’s worth) you won’t be getting much from a remap.. just go with induction and ensure you’ve a source of clean cold air (i.e. having a cone in the engine bay will not be very useful in traffic as it will be sucking in hot air.. so ok it may flow more.. but the density would be less :ROFLMAO:)

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/168369-abarth-upgrade-gain-30bhp.html

Reply #9

Another member metion too much air flow and running lean or am i reading this wrong?

Another member metion too much air flow and running lean or am i reading this wrong?
You should read "too much airflow" as "false MAF readings".

Because GSR removed the MAF sensor from its calibrated housing and then placed it in a bigger housing then the MAF indicated LESS airflow than was actually flowing through the induction.

This resulted in a lean mixture and ultimately caused the ECU to flag an engine fault. On the 2.4 the system could be mad to work, I gather, with a bit a bodgery. Basically, this involved reducing the ducting to the correct size - which basically made the process pointless :rolleyes:

...unless you're looking for just a bit more noise :ROFLMAO:

Back