Off Topic Regretting I think, I have a Grande punto. Honest review guys. I do love it but it’s

Currently reading:
Off Topic Regretting I think, I have a Grande punto. Honest review guys. I do love it but it’s

Pyabbi

Hello folks !

I was, i think I still am new here.

I love my grande punto, but for some reason now I think it’s dated because it’s being discontinued so many where.

I think fiat is doing a stupid game, they launched an ugly PUNTO EVO here and then after year launched Grande punto again with the new punto and that without airbags and only one engine.

Fiat is acting so weird in India, it’s updated punto sold as crossover etcetera doesn’t even has rear wiper now ? Yet mine has and it’s a 2011 car.

My ac piston rings were cracked in my first one month, we drove it slow never too hard till first oil changed. It just went off, then the told me the rings were broken so they fixed it and it was too noisy driving with the ac on.

They got me some other model ac compressor, maybe fiat already changed but what was sold had to fixed with the old same model, so I waited another month to have the right ac.

I managed to have it changed under warranty, and now it started making same noise after 3-4 years now it's loud at around 3000 Rpm or 90kmph .
engine is fine quiet.

My steering has trouble too, that too within 3-4 years, then my transmission oil happened pretty much together.

I don't mind about the battery, it had to die after 4 years.

Now my rear left power window is dead, auto lock is not working.

My strut mount was sick too, had that fixed and the rattling sound won't go away, now it's the steering again I guess, am sad that I love this car but it's feeling very average now, I really thoughts it gearbox will get better the more we drive but no.

And now Fiat disconnected grande punto in so many countries, they are not launching anything here.

I really want Fiat to take interest in India and rather selling engine to arsehole who talk about mileage and their car has more features and faster too and yeah also better gearbox.

But yes, same Fiat gives them engines but it's won't think like a big successful car brand.

I each so many reviews, what folks in the EU get ours is no where close, when punto was launched in India it had same old design and even interior and now, after 5 years of the features and new interior and facelifts our, face lift was super ugly and why this ?

CAN SOMEONE DELETE THIS POST FOR ME ?

i was a little upset, just i have been having some issues and the creaking noise in the cockpit can be very annoying, and drove around some others hatch's these days and saw more and more videos least tried to find, and realized fiat in india is not very ambitious.

I simply love my car.

I can easily understand your frustration of not being well pampered by Fiat, but you should remember it is Fiat India (the importer) who mainly is pulling the wires (no bad joke here) in India; they decide what kind of trim level is offered there and also, with government agreement (probably) what local companies will provide (crap ?) sub-assemblies as import-tax-cut-local job compensation… If you Don't trust the local dealers network (which I can easily understand), you'd better turn to local market; not sure tho you'll be satisfied with Tata's or Marutti's …

Anyway, keep in mind that ANY car does actually need maintenance and good cares, I know how (bad) roads and climatic conditions are in India (been there, done that) so they even need more pampering than here in Europe, Don't expect any car to be 100% reliable and you'll probably be ok with it …

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

It is a 7 year old car, mine is 12 years olds ha ha.

Unfortunately suspension issues are par for the course with being a car owner, given the lack of preventative maintenance on the roads these days.

The power steering units are a know weak point in these cars, just replaced mine in fact. :bang:

AC Unit is an odd one, part should be warrantied though if its only a few months old?

What happened to your transmission?

As far as I know these cars dont have auto lock. Mine doesn't, there isn't even an option in the software for it.

Rear power window should be an easy fix. Check powers getting to it, options are dodgy switch, dodgy wiring, or dodgy motor/regulator.

I've changed both the rear manual regulators on mine, bit fiddly but easy enough. 20 mins a side roughly.

I'm now preparing to embark on repainting and treating all the rusty bits under the car in the new year. Subframe, wishbones, shocks, calipers etc.

All part of the fun. (y):D

Either You DIY or You pay the garage to do it but any car will definitly need servicing and eventually get worn at some stage, some earlier than other but one need to keep the price in mind as well … In my country we used to say you have to be healthy to buy cheap stuff, are we that wrong ??

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Unfortunately suspension issues are par for the course with being a car owner, given the lack of preventative maintenance on the roads these days.

The power steering units are a know weak point in these cars, just replaced mine in fact. :bang:

AC Unit is an odd one, part should be warrantied though if its only a few months old?

As far as I know these cars dont have auto lock. Mine doesn't, there isn't even an option in the software for it.

Rear power window should be an easy fix. Check powers getting to it, options are dodgy switch, dodgy wiring, or dodgy motor/regulator.

I've changed both the rear manual regulators on mine, bit fiddly but easy enough. 20 mins a side roughly.

I'm now preparing to embark on repainting and treating all the rusty bits under the car in the new year. Subframe, wishbones, shocks, calipers etc.

To be honest, why i was so demotivated is, i was looking for more news and more fiats around me, but just was learning, how it is being discontinued, i mean GP was discontinued and they launched a stupid looking GP as evo, while the one in the EU, is so pretty ! and they relaunched GP as Punto Pure, with no airbags and only one engine and just 2 colors i was like, your screwing the left over pieces of your reputation.

anyways, I am back :D

I saw one review, it was in Dutch, and it was about a Punto Abarth, i couldn't understand i speak 4 languages but not that one, the YouTube subs sucked to, but they were inspecting well the rack rubber and it seemed to be having cracks around, it looked like a brand new car though, anyways, i somehow then was like this is not good.

Would you suggest fixing the Steering Unit ? I can't really replace the whole thing at the moment ? Just have to push money someplace else for sometime.

And it is dumb, to repair the AC unit, rather replacing it immediately. Fiat lost many points, their TATA collaboration was horrible, folks everywhere complained about how they deal with their cars.

And, you think checking the refrigerant would fix this AC compressor noise ? I mean, I visited a AC guys, he is very close to my friend, and he told me to switch to filtering cabin air to increase the cooling, and felt the air out of the vents and informed me it is all fine, just always keep filter the cabin air, never switch it to the outside, i hope you understand what i mean, that switch you know ?

The weird sound amplifies as the engine revs, i change the Pollen filter every year, and clean it too.

And the transmission is notchy, i drive other cars and their gearbox is so precise, tuck tuck tuck !
and i hear a khwingk* sound often when shifting from 3rd to 4th. I firmly hold it and place it, never lazy while shifting because it is a notchy gearbox. I wonder what you feel while shifting.

I am thinking of visiting a painter too, for some retouching on my bumpers but the Fiat dealer was like, oh your power motor is gone, no you have to replace it. They didn't even open that thing to see, if something is stuck or what you know. I think he would see i can see, and decide from our visual inspection.

Thanks you really motivated me, i love this car.

[ame]https://youtu.be/iMjt6IrGO1Q[/ame]

Please see this video, that demonstrates about auto lock in Grande Punto.

Back