Technical Rear wiper blade?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper blade?

RrogerD

Hi,

I've a 2006 Punto (mk2) with the rear wiper blade perished. I've tried Halfords and various online searches but cannot seem to find just the replacement blade, only the whole arm.

Do you know if I can purchase a replacement 'universal' type one of the correct length? Presumably these would have the fittings for multiple different fixing types into the arm?

Has anyone done this before? Can you recommend which to go for?

Thanks in advance.

R

Edit:
All sorted. Thanks.
I had an old front wiper arm and have used the rubber from that, cut down to length. Much easier than I thought and slotted straight in. £40 saved!

Hi Thanks.

Do they come with metal along the back of it, giving it stability? It appears to be held in position at the ends only. I notice that the front ones are fully rubber as appear to be supported all along.

TIA

Last edited:
Edit:
All sorted. Thanks.
I had an old front wiper arm and have used the rubber from that, cut down to length. Much easier than I thought and slotted straight in. £40 saved!

Hi Thanks.

Do they come with metal along the back of it, giving it stability? It appears to be held in position at the ends only. I notice that the front ones are fully rubber as appear to be supported all along.

TIA

Been discussed on here quite a few times before, most including myself do exactly that recycle an old front blade.:) Zero cost as well.

Cheap £10 on aliexpress/wish complete with arm.
But i just used the blade as my arm was still intact. Click off with small flat screwdriver and click new one in.

Back