Technical Denso wiper motor assembly

Currently reading:
Technical Denso wiper motor assembly

Just bought a used fiat denso genuine wiper motor assembly and it's a bit dry/rusty around the linkage bushes.
I was s planning to take them out and clean/relubricate them but this unit doesn't have the circlips to hold the bushes in place.
How do I get them out?

Attachments

• IMG_20231224_091623.jpg
    IMG_20231224_091623.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20231224_091637.jpg
    IMG_20231224_091637.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
Drill a small hole perpendicular to the shaft through the plastic and pump grease through hole.
Spray grease /can with a nozzle straw .

Best wishes
Jack

Drill a small hole perpendicular to the shaft through the plastic and pump grease through hole.
Spray grease /can with a nozzle straw .

Best wishes
Jack
Hi Jack thanks for that! Do I drill the hole from the top (where the splines for the wiper arms are) or from the other end where the pivot arm connects?

no need of drilling, in your first picture you see your clip - the part that looks like rusty washer, this part keeps the rotating rod inside the plastic. If you 1st remove this rusty looking safty washer then you can push on the more clean part here - the silver rod, on top of the thread, trying to push trough the plastic and it will come out. No drilling, no breaking, everything still in one piece =) . Lubricate the washer 1st with hope you will get it off easier.

Back