General Rear seat

Currently reading:
General Rear seat

bazjay

Hi all having some trouble folding my rear seat down on my panda 1.2 pop 2014,does anyone know if fiat released a model of the 1.2 panda were the 70% of the rear seat back swab is fixed,but the 30% is free to fold down,I have tried all the normal methods to release this part of the seat back,and before I get a bit more heavy handed,it would be good to know if I am wasting my time and could cause damage,it's not easy to see the mechanism with the seat back swab in the upright position,so any help would be grateful

Hi all having some trouble folding my rear seat down on my panda 1.2 pop 2014,does anyone know if fiat released a model of the 1.2 panda were the 70% of the rear seat back swab is fixed,but the 30% is free to fold down,I have tried all the normal methods to release this part of the seat back,and before I get a bit more heavy handed,it would be good to know if I am wasting my time and could cause damage,it's not easy to see the mechanism with the seat back swab in the upright position,so any help would be grateful
Don't know specifically about your model but I had a seven seater Fiat Doblo that sometimes wouldn't release the centre seat due to a sequence that had not been followed as to the order of folding the seats etc.
However in your case I suggest you release the one that does and then examine the mechanism to confirm the other one matches, which I would have thought it should.
What can happen is the release cable stretches or gets broken and doesn't operate the catch.
If that is the case and you are lucky it may be possible to push back the locking catch from underneath.

No, it should fold down but, what sometimes happens, is that there is something forcing the seat upwards and this jams the catch up onto the ‘u-peg’ and needs to be forced down, just use weight to hold down, for the release to operate. Repeated upward force ends up straining and the catch then becomes inoperable

Don't know specifically about your model but I had a seven seater Fiat Doblo that sometimes wouldn't release the centre seat due to a sequence that had not been followed as to the order of folding the seats etc.
However in your case I suggest you release the one that does and then examine the mechanism to confirm the other one matches, which I would have thought it should.
What can happen is the release cable stretches or gets broken and doesn't operate the catch.
If that is the case and you are lucky it may be possible to push back the locking catch from underneath.
Thanks for reply,yes I have looked at the 30% side that works,and did gain some info on how the lock operates,but unfortunately trying all the info gained ,I still cannot release this mechanism,this led me to believe that the 70% side is fixed,I think until someone on the forum can confirm all panda 1.2. 2014 with 70%+30% rear swabs all folded down ,or I can contact fiat to confirm,I may have to just force it down and take it from there,or if it is factory fixed ,live with it.
thanks again

No, it should fold down but, what sometimes happens, is that there is something forcing the seat upwards and this jams the catch up onto the ‘u-peg’ and needs to be forced down, just use weight to hold down, for the release to operate. Repeated upward force ends up straining and the catch then becomes inoperable
Hi
That does sound a good option,I will give it a go,must say the seat is in very good condition,so the fact it may have been pushed up sound about right ie: no obveise damage to any surrounding area
Thanks for idea

Hi
That does sound a good option,I will give it a go,must say the seat is in very good condition,so the fact it may have been pushed up sound about right ie: no obveise damage to any surrounding area
Thanks for idea
It happened to my old cross, that the daughter has now, the back was jammed up by loads of the dogs toys, they’d worked their way under the carpet and rear bolster

No the 70% part just has one catch/lock,that's the problem item,the general view seems to be that both the 70% and the 30% both fold down,so I can be a bit more robust in my efforts to release this,thanks for all the help, so far.

No the 70% part just has one catch/lock,that's the problem item,the general view seems to be that both the 70% and the 30% both fold down,so I can be a bit more robust in my efforts to release this,thanks for all the help, so far.
The catches for each are at window sides

Ok,after more poking and proding I have still failed to move this lock,what I have found is that the plastic lever that releases the back is broken,I feel this lock will need to be forced off,which will probably break the lock completely,so if anyone has any experience of this problem and knows anyway out,please get back
Thanks

Ok,after more poking and proding I have still failed to move this lock,what I have found is that the plastic lever that releases the back is broken,I feel this lock will need to be forced off,which will probably break the lock completely,so if anyone has any experience of this problem and knows anyway out,please get back
Thanks
On other makes I have come across the release cable breaks, so you may be able to either prise the seat cover up enough to access the locking mechanism usually lower down or if you are lucky check the other seat to see where it locates to lock on and try and push that locking lever back to release.

Thanks,but have tried all this,there is no cable on my model panda,just a lock mechanism,this seems to have locked solid,all proding with different tools,checking other side lock has resulted in no movement at all,I do believe the broken lever is causing the problem,thanks again for the input,think I have got to the stage when only brute force will work

Part number might be item 4 in this diagram... note left or right
1683576626012.png

Looking at that, and looking at my own seat, you may just be able to get an angled screwdriver and a 1/4 small socket/ratchet in there!

Yup, parcel shelf mounts off and, I’m nowhere near it now, 8/6mm Allen bolts

Back