Technical Rear light cluster lights not working on one side - help!

Currently reading:
Technical Rear light cluster lights not working on one side - help!

Macky500

Hi, I have a Fiat 500 L and the off-side rear light cluster has a problem. The position light and the brake light are working fine but the LED lights around the outer rim of the light have failed. The LED lights on the near side are fine so the absence of the lights on one side is obvious. I had a couple of queries and would be very grateful for advice.
1) can the LED lights be repaired or do I need to replace the cluster?
2) I live in the UK - is the absence of the LED lights on one side although the main position light and brake light are working normally a MoT failure?
Any help and ideas most welcome

My wife's Punto has been doing this for over six years, it normally goes quite dim, then sometimes even flickers. But after swopping the cluster over to the other side ( to gain any use via the other sides loom)., As of course it's quite different , but the plug and wiring is the same.
sometimes it works fine or so.
But now I just hit the cluster with my fist (short repeated blows with outside of palm) seems to make it work.

Especially before it gets a MOT test. Just like yours though, only the Led, not the other glass bulbs seem to be affected.

Strangely it never light the dash binickle up, saying ' warning Will Robinson no sidelights and a little orange bulb.

Got good advice from here. As you can fit the earlier rear cluster (fuc&) from a older model with all glass bulbs.

And it fits

My wife's Punto has been doing this for over six years, it normally goes quite dim, then sometimes even flickers. But after swopping the cluster over to the other side ( to gain any use via the other sides loom)., As of course it's quite different , but the plug and wiring is the same.
sometimes it works fine or so.
But now I just hit the cluster with my fist (short repeated blows with outside of palm) seems to make it work.

Especially before it gets a MOT test. Just like yours though, only the Led, not the other glass bulbs seem to be affected.

Strangely it never light the dash binickle up, saying ' warning Will Robinson no sidelights and a little orange bulb.

Got good advice from here. As you can fit the earlier rear cluster (fuc&) from a older model with all glass bulbs.

And it fits
Thanks a lot - excellent help. I will try the short sharp shock! but if no luck will look for a cluster from a breaker's yard.

Thanks for the most useful suggestion. I followed your advice and the short sharp shocks suggested by all puntos and the light is cured and is working fine! A great example of the value of the advice of members of Fiat Forum. I am most grateful.

Back