Technical rear camrea

Currently reading:
Technical rear camrea

I have a interior mirror mounted 'dash cam' to record forward when ever the car is in use, or if knocked when parked. Had that for a while and works well. Came off Ebay, same item, different sellers was priced from £40 - £160............pays to shop around.

Cheers Qube O.

Now that's where I was going wrong! I was searching for a camera, assuming it would link to my android phone via BLUETOOTH !!!- not WiFi.

I have considered one as suggested by shotgun. But, as I said, I already have a F70 front and rear view dashcam similar to thisone. I ran the rear camera cable along the right side of the car initially, hidden behind the black door trims- but it interfered with my radio and my B&M TomTom2 satnav.

So, now the cable runs down the left side of the car behind the grey plastic trim where it meets the headlining until I reach the dash, then along the recess below the front screen,but there are still bits of cable,plus the power cable,on show.

If I were to add in the cabling for the rearview mirror setup, it would look a bit messy- as I say,I'm considering giving one a go- I can get the whole lot for the price of one of those WiFi rear cameras, but the WiFi camera seems a neater option- as I just stick my android phone onto the dash anyway with one of these- I also use the android phone mounted there to monitor the engine with TorquePro and an ELM327.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back