Technical rear camrea

Currently reading:
Technical rear camrea

shotgun

Established member
fitted a rear camera to my qubo on a number plate mount
but not very happy with it as its hard to open the boot and the view is not the best + it covers the number plate up
as anyone fitted one and what camera do you use and where do you mount it

Attachments

• 20141222_151142.jpg
    20141222_151142.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
That camera position is no good, it's to low, and in this weather it won't be long before it gets covered in road crap.
as you haven't got a rear lock as with the fiorino which you can replace the barrel with the camera, i would mount the camera inside looking through the rear window, i did this with a astravan and it worked well, if you mount the camera correctly your rear wiper will keep your camera vision clear.
LUIGI

my other qubo has a camera mounted under the high level brake light inside the car
but you cant see f all at night as its got black windows same as this has
I had a low camera on my d22 pick up just above the number plate it was gr8 as you could see the tow ball and you could back right under the hitch of your boat or caravan it did not get that dirty from the road

the camera is far better if its set right you can back to 1/2" of a car or wall

the camera is far better if its set right you can back to 1/2" of a car or wall

You can do that with sensors also with little practice. with a camera you can only observe whats happening in one place at a time, no good for a quick parallel park - my car has an OEM fitted one, and its nothing more than a gimmick IMO. Each to their own, but I'd never pay to have one.

On vans's with no rear window there is a blind spot and i think a camera is necessary.
Question is.....could you manage without a rear view mirror?
LUIGI

You not got sensors? Should do a better job, as I say staring at a screen prevents you from using your vision elsewhere while having an audible warning to the rear. When using mirrors etc for the rear you're still using your perfifiral (SP?) vision up front (y)

Only time they're uses full on van's is if they're setup to replace the rear view mirror imo, but for general driving use and not specifically as a parking aid.

I have drove trucks for a long time I can park with my mirrors
I all so drive a 29 foot 6 wheel motorhome and the camera is a must when on your own in it the view I see in the montor is around 2 1/2 foot rear floor I also tow car with the motorhome on a braked aframe and its fitted with a rear wireless camera so I can see behind me as its over 40foot long and when you overtake you can see to pull back in the tow car was a Suzuki jimny but from now on it will be my qubo I park my qubo it up to a wall and the sensors are going off 2 foot from it that's why I fitted a tow bar so if I hit the wall with the ball not my bumper

You not got sensors? Should do a better job, as I say staring at a screen prevents you from using your vision elsewhere while having an audible warning to the rear. When using mirrors etc for the rear you're still using your perfifiral (SP?) vision up front (y)

Only time they're uses full on van's is if they're setup to replace the rear view mirror imo, but for general driving use and not specifically as a parking aid.

I do use my camera as a rear view mirror, and not necessarily as a parking aid, i have reversing sensors to help do that
LUIGI

I think it depends what your driving as to how much you use a reversing camera , my 65c15 spec I drive at work has got a camera mounted up on the flyer only really look at the screen when reversing loaded either blindside or in the dark , does help having wide electric mirrors on it aswell though as you can track you load with them :)

Used to drive Buses/Coaches, so only rear vision was through exterior mirrors, could reverse and manoeuvre into and out of very very tight spaces. So interior not so important. In the Qubo, its exterior mirrors and reversing sensors...........but hey ho, each to his own.

Cheers Qube O.

I'm only gunna stick one in for 2 reasons
1- mum is buying me one for Crimbo
And 2- I think it will look cool when I put it in reverse and the view comes up on my phone mounted on the dash :)

Kiefer.That sounds good. What camera will transmit to your phone?

I've been considering a reverse parking camera- but don't want wired- so I considered the 2.4Ghz wireless ones- but I don't really want ANOTHER load of wires and monitors etc on my dash.

My dash looks cluttered enough with the TomTom B&M2 satnav in it's bracket, and my front & rear dashcamera setup.

If I could just mount a reversing camera, that would transmit to my android phone, then it would look a lot neater.

thanks for any info.

Kiefer.That sounds good. What camera will transmit to your phone?

I've been considering a reverse parking camera- but don't want wired- so I considered the 2.4Ghz wireless ones- but I don't really want ANOTHER load of wires and monitors etc on my dash.

My dash looks cluttered enough with the TomTom B&M2 satnav in it's bracket, and my front & rear dashcamera setup.

If I could just mount a reversing camera, that would transmit to my android phone, then it would look a lot neater.

thanks for any info.

I just put in wireless reversing camera for I phone in flea bay and sent my mum a link to it :)
Pretty sure there was more on there for android than iOS aswell
I believe there's a valeo one available aswell .

you have to go with the times mate
when I was a kid you did not have laptops or ipads but use them all the time now

put this type in it fits on the mirror and you run the wires down the side trim cover to the dash and the other across the roof behind the trim

Attachments

• $_103.jpg
    $_103.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 72
you have to go with the times mate
when I was a kid you did not have laptops or ipads but use them all the time now

Lmao I use them all the time to but only at work ! Just have a phone at home the lappy I had at homes whole screen somehow came off when it wouldn't work properly !!

Back