Technical Qubo oil leak from rear of engine

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo oil leak from rear of engine

Laminater

Hi fellow Fiat Owners
I purchased a 2012 Fiat Qubo 1.3 multijet.
Which has had a number of issues in a very short space of time,
Rear shock absorber leaking,
Rear brake shoes, diesel on them,
Brake drums rusted badly.
Sump nearly rusted through, soaked in oil.
Front top strut bearing’s solid, cracking a lot.
Front shockers, rubber dust cover’s ripped.
Diesel tank leaking, looks like either main filler tube or mid height seam rusted badly,
And last upto now an oil leak from somewhere at rear of engine, which I would like to ask your help in identifying where it is coming from and how I can do the job properly to stop it.
Thank you
The laminater

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpeg
    IMG_4393.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4400.jpeg
    IMG_4400.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4389.jpeg
    IMG_4389.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 48
@Laminater

"Rear shock absorber leaking" - this problem can be solved by dismounting and repairing at a Service Shop from your area. If you don't find someone to repair it buy a new one and replace it. It can be done by yourself easily.

"Rear brake shoes, diesel on them," check the diesel tank for leaking.

"Brake drums rusted badly" - Drums are rusting anyway if the car is used in wet environment. Rust can be removed by wire-brush and drilling machine and painted with Zinc paint.

"Sump nearly rusted through, soaked in oil" - Maybe the oil is leaking from elsewhere. First it must be checked the source of leaking. If it is leaking the oil sump and is not damaged/cracked it must be removed and renew the silicone gasket. The bolts of oil sump must be tighten with a torque wrench at 15 N.

"Front top strut bearing’s solid, cracking a lot." - Front top strut bearing’s must be replaced. You can do it yourself.

Front shockers, rubber dust cover’s ripped" - When you replace the front strut bearings you can also replace the rubber dust cover. Because the bearings are on the top of front shock absorber which are an ensemble with coil spring. First remove the ensemble from the car then you must use a press coil spring to press the coil and then remove the screw which is holding the bearing and shock absorber together and then you can replace dust cover of the shock absorber.

"And last upto now an oil leak from somewhere at rear of engine, which I would like to ask your help in identifying where it is coming from and how I can do the job properly to stop it." - Without pictures or detailed explanation you can't be advised. Good luck to you!

Back