General Rear Abarth apron question??

Currently reading:
General Rear Abarth apron question??

Hi all.

How much lower does the abarth apron hang compared to the standard bumper??

I want one but i have a center exit exhaust so i would fill+smooth the left exhaust exit and then cut two holes in the middle and try to copy the detailing of the exhaust lip thing from the left side. then smooth apron into standard bumper. I would probs fill or make somthing out of the centre gash in the apron.

A few pics of exhaust (i currently have the pink bumper on as i got rear ended(n) ) and the apron i want.

Attachments

• DSCN5136.JPG
    DSCN5136.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN5139.JPG
    DSCN5139.JPG
    403 KB · Views: 16
  • abarth rear apron.JPG
    abarth rear apron.JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 25
Rather than mess up a perfectly good Abarth rear end, I'd be inclined to re-do the exhaust or take a mold of the existing rear bumper (it'll have to be a relatively complex 3 part mold) pull a bumper from that and mod it to suit.

If you go the other way you'll be messing with polyesters on a base which isn't exactly polyester friendly: sooner or later the joins are likely to crack big time.

On an Abarth rear end, the exhaust will exit just about where the mesh stops.

let me know how you get on with in tom as i might need to modify mine soon to make room for my towbar.. ps i like that pic of your room lol, nice to see the wheels and CSC manifold are in a nice safe dry place (y) Craig

I have twin dtm coming out of the middle of my cinq, i had the abarth kit all i did was, got a mate to cut the lip out and plastic weld a bit of plastic where the exhaust was ment to be, then small bit of filler. job done. ill try get a pic for you at the weekend.

Back