Technical Rear washer

Currently reading:
Technical Rear washer

razza72

Strange one here ! . been working on daughters car for a while . getting to end now but found rear washer not working ,when we got it there were no rear power connectors so nothing was working. I’ve put ones in so now wiper and heated screen work . There is power to the washer pump .
here is the strange bit at the steering wheel stork push it forward front washers work pull it back the front washers come on !!
which way is meant to wash back and where may the previous owner wired it up so it works front washer pushing stork in both directions
I would appreciate some info and knowledge on this

From memory…
Pull for front
Push for rear…unless it’s later type with the airbag, it has a button on end of wiper stalk
I think

Last edited:
From memory…
Pull for front
Push for rear…unless it’s later type with the airbag, it has a button on end of wiper stalk
I think
Great, thanks. I reackon the previous owner has joined front to back somewhere as there was no power connection blocks in the boot original

Found the problem. After taking wheel arch liner off I found a loose hose , yes the rear one but hang on there’s no where to connect it and the wire wasn’t connected either. I have one hole in the tank for the pump so it’s a model with the 2 way pump . Orderd one and it works a treat now . Obviously sometime in the past the pump went and replaced it with a single pump . Cheers for the help peeps

Back