Technical rattle is driving me mad please help

Currently reading:
Technical rattle is driving me mad please help

steelvper

hey guys

I have a strange rattle that started a few days ago its sounds like it's from the left rear passenger/boot area and ill sounds like two plastic bottles rubbing or like I'm towing a string of cans behind me

my boot is empty and I have nothing in the back can anyone suggest a solution as it's been to Fiat three times now and they say it's fine

I had a rattle that the dealer said was glass in the tailgate after I had the broken rear screen replaced. They charged me £60 (as it wasn't covered by the warranty) and said it was sorted.

I drove away from the dealer and guess what :bang: rattle still there. They hadn't even road tested it.

Technician jumped in the back and I drove off - 20 seconds later he pronounced "your tailgate catch is loose". Drove into workshop, he adjusted it and I got my money back (in the form of a fuel voucher) (y)

Hope yours is as simple steelvper (y)

Not sure about your motor, but in my Qubo the 'jack & tools' are stored in a bag on top of the rear left wheel arch, held in place with two elastic ties. I had a rattle which was just the jack against one of the tools, soon sorted.

Cheers Qube O.

Last edited:
I don't have that with mine I have the slim pump but I have0don't removed it and checked but it's still there I am wondering if it's the heatshield rubbing although they have checked the exhaust already

cheers steel

your spare tyre is tight n secure? Also check the inner arch plastic surround? my front ones make a hell of a racket, as lose as a 60yr old pro (so Rooney would say ;-) ).

Back