Technical Need help please identifying part

Currently reading:
Technical Need help please identifying part

countesskay

I'm hoping that someone who can help me to identify a part that my car needs.

My car currently has a banging sound metal-on-metal when you turn the car full lock left or full lock right it's been on into my local independent garage twice and they have identified the issue as following but does not really help me find the part I need!

Front suspension rubber where spring meets shock absorber in bottom cup has worn away. On the passenger side front right wheel

I've called my local fiat part dealership and the only thing they can think it is is a top mount strut that would need replaced.They can't understand why the garage wouldn't be able to name that part and order it themselves.

I'm stumped on what it maybe i'm not sure if it could be a shock absorber bellows but the Fiat parts man didn't mention that.

Fiat dealer said it would be £180 just to diagnose the issue I'm trying to avoid that if possible

Any help would be amazing

Just to add my car is a 12 plate and is not in warranty as I did not buy it from a dealer. She has 84000 miles on the clock and has recently been serviced with no issues. There were no MOT advisories regarding anything to do with the struts

Top strut mount bearings often fail on many makes of car and look like this (right hand ) Qubo one on eBay eBay item number:313861310244 as a guide . Not a recommendation!

The picture at the bottom is a suspension strut for similar model. In between the top:) strut mounting and the suspension /shockabsorber sits a large spring that holds the weight of the car that side.
Normally the top strut mount bearings fail causing a noise and "lump " steering when parking etc. If the large coil spring has broken it can also make a noise but usually means the car sits lower that side. Very rarely the bottom cup the spring sits in the lower part of the shock absorber rusts away and drops the car down that side resulting in needing a new shock absorber /strut. Hope this gives you a bit more knowledge, if still unclear ask your garage to point to the faulty part then take a photo of it for us.:)
1677081269357.png
1677081392721.png

Thanks for replying, so you know if he could be referring to any other parts or it likely to be the top strut mounts?

Back