Technical Radio has a mind of its own

Currently reading:
Technical Radio has a mind of its own

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

500S18

Hi! I am an owner of a Fiat 500 S which was registered in 2018. I have only had the car coming up a year & in the summer of 2023 when the temperatures were high, the radio started doing its own thing. The radio installed in the car is touchscreen, last year it went into the garage to see if there was a fault, however unfortunately for me it did not show a fault at all. It has been behaving until recently, on its own it will start changing stations, pausing songs and even try to pair a device via Bluetooth whilst driving. You can imagine the frustration!

As the garage didn’t find anything wrong last time, I am debating whether to take it back again or has anyone else had an issue and or has any suggestions for why it is doing this?

I have attached a photo.

Thanks
IMG_0468.png

If it continues to do it regularly take a passenger out with you and get em to film it doing it on a phone then get back to dealer with it and if they cant find a fault insist they change the head unit!.

Is it just me or does your fog lamp switch look glum?

Is it peeved too😕
🤣 - now you mention it, it does look a little annoyed!

It’s started to behave itself since I uploaded this post. We shall see how long it behaves for, if it does it again I will take it to a Fiat Dealer (again).

Thanks for your help,
Danielle

Update -

It had started to behaved itself, but now getting beyond a joke! I’ve emailed the garage where it went to and no fault was detected, so fingers crossed with the video they will be able to help. Definitely not what you want when driving, especially when the car decides to call people 🤣

We shall watch this space and see what the garage have to say.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.mov
    64.4 MB
Mine did this over summer and even in some colder months in our 2017 500s. For me, I had a USB drive attached with music on it. I had way too many music files on it (couple of thousand in various folders) & building the list seemed to really bog down the system and make it unresponsive, restart at random or totally freeze. Do you have anything attached via USB? Since reducing the number of songs to less than 250 it's much more responsive.

A full reset in the stereo settings menu may help resolve it, but you will have to set up your preferences, Bluetooth etc again.

Hello, thanks for your reply. I do not use the USB function, I always use Bluetooth or the radio. I have tried resetting the system but doesn’t seem to want to have any of it (that’s if I have done so correctly - aka haven’t got a clue what I’m doing!🤣) it doesn’t just do it when the phone is connected or playing music via Bluetooth, it also likes to change radio stations as well from DAB - FM. It loves to do it when I’m driving and it’s such an inconvenience & dangerous really.
Mine did this over summer and even in some colder months in our 2017 500s. For me, I had a USB drive attached with music on it. I had way too many music files on it (couple of thousand in various folders) & building the list seemed to really bog down the system and make it unresponsive, restart at random or totally freeze. Do you have anything attached via USB? Since reducing the number of songs to less than 250 it's much more responsive.

A full reset in the stereo settings menu may help resolve it, but you will have to set up your preferences, Bluetooth etc again.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back