R/C Car question

Currently reading:
R/C Car question

hey does anyone know were i can get parts at couse the hobby shops that i have around here dont sell parts for the car that i have. if you know of a web site that would have the parts that i need please let my know..thanks

-Deric

thats the problem I was going to raise. hobby shops are few and far between.

and you've picked someting that no one has heard of.

chances are when they stop manufacturing it (a year or so maybe) parts for it will dry up pretty quick.

thats why I always went with something that was more mainstream (like a Hpi, a traxxas, or a serpent) as I knew I could always get parts and friends also have similar parts that would fit in an emergancy.

aluminium gears and nessacerily a good thing. if a stone chipping gets trapped in a driveshaft or cv joint or hub carrier or even in the diff (if its an open ball job, or belt driven planet diff etc), then the more expensive part will get wrecked or maybe even wrench your engine off its mounts or worse, snap the con rod and ovalise/destroy the engine internals.

I would stay with plastic cogs and spend time meshing and aligning them well.

then maybe make something out of thin plastic or rubber to protect the gears from chippings

I've never recommended using aluminium gears for the very reason they strip/could strip. If you get a stone/foreign object in there, if the gear doesn't give way, something more obscure (and expensive) will. Just get a new standard item in there and mesh it correctly with locktighted screws. (y)

Only shop I have experience with in the states is http://www.stormerhobbies.com/, had a quick look and can't find your car though. They seem pretty big so should be able to help you out/recommend somewhere if you ring them.

Just out of curiosity, what brings you to the leisure lounge of the Fiat Forum from the states with a nitro RC car problem? Your pefectly welcome here, I'm just interested!

thanks for the tips and i will check out that web site.. what brings me to flat forum is i was just ****ing around on the computer looking for tip and this site was there so that is how i found it... is there not many people from the USA that are on that site?

-Deric

Back