quick quick

Currently reading:
quick quick

Why not twin engine, has been done by various people in the past, examples that come to mind are the twin 2.0 engined nova, twin G60 engined mk1 golf and twin 406 engined 306

Rob, bike engines arent particularly torquey so they dont really suit car installations.

The Westie/ Caterham 7 / RoHo etc cars with bike engines fly for the simple reason of the weight and state of tune. Theyre tuned to the gunwales and in cars that weigh nothing.

I wouldnt do a bike install in a Bravo, however a 2.4 5 cylinder engine or an Alfa V6 wouldnt be unobtainable... If you want inspiration...have a dribble at the TC next door ;)

custard said:
how about you just buy a fast car?

120+120=480 :confused:

Ruins the fun.

I could go and buy a Toyota Supra 3.0L with two turbos or a fast German estate car or something equally extortionate to run, but the main thing I ask myself in why I havent is: 'wheres the fun in doing that?'

Any Joe can walk into a car showroom and buy an off-the-shelf fast car, but to make one thats reliable and really off the wall takes someone rather special, or a team of special people :)

Back