i put my tyre size in.... and died....

For a Uniroyal Rain expert they want 76£ Fully fitted

i can order from camskill (score!)
52£
+ £3 p+p (£55 total)

And then pay £10 to local tyre shop and they'll fit valve and balance it
£65 vs there £76 because i put some back work in

Ziggy

We would like to apologise for the error on our website over this weekend and early today which incorrectly showed the price of some Bridgestone Turanza ER300 tyres as £0.00. This was a genuine website error and unfortunately we cannot honour any bookings made for these tyres. Due to the number of bookings we have received, it may not be possible for your centre to contact you personally to cancel your booking, so please accept this email as cancellation of your booking.

We do not sell tyres at £0.00 value at any time and Bridgestone tyres advise us that the ER300 pattern tyre was superseded some time ago and therefore these aren’t a pattern available in current range.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error, however if you should wish to book an alternative tyre type we would be pleased to receive your order and please visit www.halfordsautocentres.com/tyres.

If you have any further queries or questions please feel free to send an email via the Contact Us link on our website.

Customer Services

Halfords Autocentres

We would like to apologise for the error on our website over this weekend and early today which incorrectly showed the price of some Bridgestone Turanza ER300 tyres as £0.00. This was a genuine website error and unfortunately we cannot honour any bookings made for these tyres. Due to the number of bookings we have received, it may not be possible for your centre to contact you personally to cancel your booking, so please accept this email as cancellation of your booking.

We do not sell tyres at £0.00 value at any time and Bridgestone tyres advise us that the ER300 pattern tyre was superseded some time ago and therefore these aren’t a pattern available in current range.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error, however if you should wish to book an alternative tyre type we would be pleased to receive your order and please visit www.halfordsautocentres.com/tyres.

If you have any further queries or questions please feel free to send an email via the Contact Us link on our website.

Customer Services

Halfords Autocentres

Exactly what I got, twice. (n)

now they have all our contact details to sell on

Emailed them this reply

Dear Dodgy dude,

You may have got away with that if you had sent a statement with £0.00 on it could have been put as a typo. But the conformation clearly states FREE, that can't be put down to a typo! Some thing needs to be given Free as good will or when taken to trading standards they may well view this as an illegal information gathering exercise for your own financial gain.

Regards Dave

Last edited:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

:ROFLMAO: not very professional even I've got an unlimited space email inbox

now they have all our contact details to sell on

Emailed them this reply

Dear Dodgy dude,

You may have got away with that if you had sent a statement with £0.00 on it could have been put as a typo. But the conformation clearly states FREE, that can't be put down to a typo! Some thing needs to be given Free as good will or when taken to trading standards they may well view this as an illegal information gathering exercise for your own financial gain.

Regards Dave

Think I'll try responding the same, I need an AC regas funny enough, lets see how far I can push it :chin:

Wrong actually dave. The PHP, Java script or whatever other code in the webpage could be programmed to substitute FREE for 0.00 values as you cannot store text in a number column.

So could quite easily be a mistake / typo.

they said "We do not sell tyres at £0.00 value at any time " so why would they need to write a script to do that. i added 2 letters after my first name, be interesting to see if i get any spam with that added to my name.

Back