Quick Question for PC Guys

Currently reading:
Quick Question for PC Guys

Loop

Eastern Italia Punto'er
As this is leisure and about anything i hope i am allowed to post here rather than the 'Imaging' section as that area is pretty dead and i need a more speedy reply.

I'm in the process of designing a new logo for the company i work for...

Currently they have a banner which needs to stay the same, but the logo is part of that banner.

Just wondered if (without photoshop or mega fancy imaging programs) a logo can be taken off a banner and leave the gradient banner plain to allow me to add a new logo onto it or if a whole banner will need to be designed.

For example (not the site i am designing for): the top banner of the following website the 'carbon' effect would need to stay but the 'custom cable' and 'C' logo needs to be removed. Link: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/

Can this be done?

P.S. Using MAC not Windows

If i haven't made myself too clear please ask :)

Just copy and paste a clean section of the banner over the top of the logo in any basic art program and as long as you line it up properly it would be unoticeable.

Should be some free programs similar to paint.net for Mac use, a quick search brings up Pixelmator.

I haven't used it on Mac but GIMP works well on Linux and Windows. There is a version available for Mac here: [ame="http://download.cnet.com/GIMP/3000-2192_4-10322178.html"]GIMP for Mac - CNET Download.com[/ame]

With whatever app you use you probably either need to cut out the logo and use something like the healing brush or clone tools to patch up the gap or if there is a piece of clean background just do a copy/paste job to make it wider again.
This time round when you add the new logo make it in a new layer and save the file. That way it will be much easier to change in future if required, you keep the good source file and just export to a .jpg or .png for the website.

Wouldn't be easier just to install a trial version of photoshop to do what you need? There is no limits to photoshop, you can do whatever you want. Just take some time with it and you turn immediately into a fan.

What you mean it isn't free/shareware... :confused:

:devil:

I use Paint.Net honest, actually I use different programs depending what I want to do. I always use Paint.net for cutting stuff out and it loads so quickly on my Netbook. I'll give Gimp a go though and see what it's about, just sounds so Pulp Fiction. :D

Back