Technical Question for GP owners who re-mapped

Currently reading:
Technical Question for GP owners who re-mapped

Lol....nothing at all mate, mine's mapped by them and it goes a treat. (Hence the j/k after my comment)

There's just a few numpties on here that like bashing them, I'll keep their identities private as I'll get another infraction, the one especially, is a bit touchy!!! :)

Was going to say...mines been done by them and its great!

Crap map that didn't make the power that they claimed when selling it to me, got a cheaper map from Red Dot (cost £200) which is much better and is a lot more powerful and had a before and after rolling road run.

Fair comment fella...

Although the generic map for the GPS 1.9 seems pretty good as it hits the claimed 170+ bhp Angel claim from the 2 R/R's I've seen...Anyway this topic has been done to death, so nuff said by me! ;)

Yes the Angel v Red Dot topic has been done to death but back to the original Thread topic.

If any remapped 1.9 GP's have suffered an engine failure (turbo, anything really) what are the ownership and driving habits of the drivers and who did the re-map?

Do they service a little earlier? Do they drive like they stole it? Do they let the turbo warm down after a run?

Anything really to help those considering a re-map make an informed decision, on whether to do it, and if so, who to have do it.

update on my miles... 58,000 now, serviced at the recommended 18k service intervals by my local fiat garage, mapped by angel at 4,000 miles, and everything working "as new".

gets driven normally from cold, but is always driven gently the last few miles home, so the turbo's cooled niceley before turning off....

driven gently 90% of the time, I ring its neck the other 10% of the time... haven't even needed brake pads yet...

update on my miles... 58,000 now, serviced at the recommended 18k service intervals by my local fiat garage, mapped by angel at 4,000 miles, and everything working "as new".

gets driven normally from cold, but is always driven gently the last few miles home, so the turbo's cooled niceley before turning off....

driven gently 90% of the time, I ring its neck the other 10% of the time... haven't even needed brake pads yet...

Hey Sharkie...nice to see your still around and the car's running well... (y)

Just a quick question about the power stats of your GPS...you only loose 7% losses from the flywheel to the wheels...seems low?

Hey Sharkie...nice to see your still around and the car's running well... (y)

Just a quick question about the power stats of your GPS...you only loose 7% losses from the flywheel to the wheels...seems low?

indeed, I have a friend who's fabia vRS (agreed a different car, but still a 1.9 tdi, of similar wieght, with a six speed gearbox) make 129bhp at the wheels, and 155 bhp at the fly, which, if I took the same losses on mine would mean mine is making about 173bhp at the fly...... but thats all how RR's 'calculate' transmission losses to give a fly figure..... I wish people would quote on wheel horsepower figure, because (obviously) thats what is actually happening on the road...... and mine is 147bhp at the wheels, which , lets face it , is a "real" figure, and takes the "guesswork" out of it :rolleyes:
edit: I'm very pleased with the torque figure (makes it SO drivable), and is also calculated at the wheels, which was one of the (4th maybe?) highest on the day, and considering there were octy's making 280bhp I was quite pleased... :)

results are here http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/rr.brisk_190708.html

Last edited:
Hey Sharkie, keep seeing you here and on Brisk, glad the car is going well, just waiting to have mine re-remapped after it was wiped during service a couple of weeks ago. Angel aren't rushing though, Alex gave me Nigels e-mail so think im gunna chase him up again. Going to ask for a higher torque map this time, miss the extra oomph for overtaking now its gone.

Oh dave we know you dont like Angel, but im happy with them and the map i had, and they will do this for free, rather than me paying £300 elsewhere. I and plenty of other people on this and other forums are happy with their Angel map.

I know, but it means a returm drive to Watford from Swansea at a weekend when id rather be doing other things with my time and not paying for the fuel, when Angel will come to my office and do it during my lunch break.

I appreciate that having one done on the rolling road will obvioussly prove better results, im not going to disupte that, its common sense. But i have had no problems with my Angel map, no excessive smoke etc, better mpg and plenty of oomph. It is my preference (and beneficial to my wallet) to stay with angel, and at the end of the day i dont want massive gains like ffoxy and Tym, i was happy with the 158bhp and 314lbft of my old map.

£300 elsewhere :confused: we all only pay £199 inc free tweeks and rolling road runs,

its not a question of who i like its about giving the right advice to people

I don't see anyone asking you for your advice, here or any other remap thread, so why don't you go and snivel about Angel tuning somewhere else.

Oh I suppose you're going to give me another infraction, like you did last time I stood up to you? (y)

Last edited:
I don't see anyone asking you for your advice, here or any other remap thread, so why don't you go and snivel about Angel tuning somewhere else.

Oh I suppose you're going to give me another infraction, like you did last time I stood up to you? (y)

He's giving advice, he's giving his own experiences which are as valid as much as anybody elses.

You would soon be complaning if something went wrong, and nobody warned you but had experience in the situation.

Back