Technical Qubo strut knocking again

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo strut knocking again

Loftypeak45

Hi, I have a Qubo Trekking 2016 with 41500 miles. Offside front strut is knocking, this will be the third time I've put new struts on. Is it possible to buy compatable non fiat struts of better quality. I believe that SKF make a bearing, but is it likely to be just the bearing thats gone? Any thoughts very welcome, thanks.

Hi

What failed before?

Bearings tend to get notchy... giving a BOING on the 1st low speed manouvre of the day

Are you getting that ? (bottom of spring is twisted.. top is held by a sticky bearing.. then bearing moves and Spring goes Twang..)

I will find you similar from the Qubo section :)

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Qubo Trekking 2016 with 41500 miles. Offside front strut is knocking, this will be the third time I've put new struts on. Is it possible to buy compatable non fiat struts of better quality. I believe that SKF make a bearing, but is it likely to be just the bearing thats gone? Any thoughts very welcome, thanks.
The bearing in the shock absorber?

Sorry I'm no expert, just don't want to get ripped off again. The strut is knocking mainly at low speeds on poor road surfaces, no 'boing' on first move, so I imagine it's the shock absorber rather than the bearing. I have looked online, but can't take a view on so many obscure makers I've never heard of. Front clearance on the trekking is pretty woeful, had hoped to find something that would lift the front a little as well, maybe wishful thinking. I believe that the standard qubo shocker is shorter than the trekking, paying the penalty of buying an unusual car. Hoping that someone out there may be able to make a recommendation.. Thanks for your interest.

Chris, yes, but looks like it's not necessarily the bearing thats gone. Thanks

Sorry I'm no expert, just don't want to get ripped off again. The strut is knocking mainly at low speeds on poor road surfaces, no 'boing' on first move, so I imagine it's the shock absorber rather than the bearing. I have looked online, but can't take a view on so many obscure makers I've never heard of. Front clearance on the trekking is pretty woeful, had hoped to find something that would lift the front a little as well, maybe wishful thinking. I believe that the standard qubo shocker is shorter than the trekking, paying the penalty of buying an unusual car. Hoping that someone out there may be able to make a recommendation.. Thanks for your interest.

This could well be worn anti roll bar drop links much cheaper and easier that strut.

A good thought, I had this on a Berlingo once. Presumably need a garage to diagnose? Thanks

I think that's a good idea unless you are confident to do it yourself.

#Parts are cheap so not worth using a garage. Diagnosis is not reliable and parts probably less than the diagnosis if you can do the job. An impact driver makes this a 10 minute job.

Also check the strut top mounts are not moving
chech the suspension arm and
make your you dont have a broken spring trace the ends and make sure these are square ct and not jagged.
Check lower ball joint too.

Back