Technical punto wont start!!

Currently reading:
Technical punto wont start!!

kdub

its an 02 punto active 8v, been having heating problems with it recently, it overheates until i let the air out and top the water back up again, not sure what the problem is but after bleeding it solves it for a little while, dont know much about cars its my first, anyway iv noticed its been taking longer to start each time, only a fraction longer but noticable, this morning it just wouldnt start, just made one bump noise when i turn the key, any ideas?

Hi mate not many details and you will have to carry out more testing than that to get to the bottom of it. firstly check battery, then check engine turns over by hand in case water has leaked into your pistons and created an hydrostatic lock. If engine turns over by hand and the battery is ok take a live jump lead from your battery to your starter this will tell you, wether you have a fault in your starter circuit. Hope this helps. Ryan

the water keeps disappearing too, would this indicate head gasket going?

As far as the water disappearing again this information is not enough to give an accurate diagnosis, check your oil to see if water is in with it, usually a kind of mayonnaise goo is in the head area or in the sump. Also you can remove the spark plugs move the engine by hand to tdc and insert a pippette to see if water is present on the piston heads. There are many places you can lose water no just through the head gasket, you have core plugs, cracks in the head or block but these all leave tell tale signs and you will have to examine you engine. Ryan

Back