General Punto TwinAir Test

Currently reading:
General Punto TwinAir Test

My Abarth is in for its service today and I was scheduled to have another APE for the day but I'm quite happy to say I got a Punto TwinAir instead.

The car is really very good and I love the way it sounds. It's a cross between a lawnmower and an old moped but really gives the little two cylinder character.

The car pulls well thanks to bags of Torque and makes easy work of normal traffic. I can't comment on Economy as I haven't driven it enough but on my normal route to work I managed an average of 44mpg. 12mpg up on my Abarth.

If I was in the market for a small economical hatch, I'd have no problems with ordering one of these.

Some pics:

Twin1.JPG

Twin2.JPG

Twin3.JPG

This red is very nice :)

Thanks for your feedback. I never drove it, but I have seen a lot of videos and like the way it sound, too :)

Helpful review, thanks :) I'm waiting to get a test on one as I really want to see what kind of economy it can get before ordering. Can you update this post RE economy once you have a better idea ?

Alsoooo... the noise. I'm told it's a love it/hate it noise. Any chance you could do a wee video to try and demonstrate the noise, in-cab, and even revving it slightly whilst stationary ?

Cheers,
Chris.

Helpful review, thanks :) I'm waiting to get a test on one as I really want to see what kind of economy it can get before ordering. Can you update this post RE economy once you have a better idea ?

Alsoooo... the noise. I'm told it's a love it/hate it noise. Any chance you could do a wee video to try and demonstrate the noise, in-cab, and even revving it slightly whilst stationary ?

Cheers,
Chris.

Sorry I had to give it back yesterday. Only had it whilst my Abarth was being serviced.

I did get around 44mpg and that was mixed city and A-road driving.

Back