Technical Clutch problem Punto 2014 TwinAir 101HP

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch problem Punto 2014 TwinAir 101HP

spijkermenno

[Manual transmission]
When i put my car in neutral, depress my clutch and brake to a stop my car will light the shift down indicator. Or when i stop the car, put it in neutral and then decompress the clutch the RPM will rise to 1300 rpm and slowly drop back to ~900.

This disables my start-stop system from working properly and is very annoying overal.

What have i tried already?
- Replaced clutch switch on clutch pedal
- decouple my battery for around 10 minutes to reset the sensor (read this only, dont know if this works)

Does anyone here have any idea what could cause this? I can take a video of it happening if anyone needs it.

another issue i have is the airfilter box, the previous owner tightened the bolts so hard the screwhole let loose,
i can see that these are like brass inserts so i looked for replacement ones but i can not find them anywhere.

Does anyone here know how i can secure the airbox? or where i can find replacement parts.

Thankyou!

I don’t know what the thread size is, but go on Amazon and look for “threaded inserts for plastic” there are literally hundreds available, come in boxes of multiple sizes, you just use something like a soldering iron to heat the inset and push it down into the plastic, once in place where you want it you take the heat away and the plastic will solidify around it.

The issue you’re having could be caused by too much air getting into the engine so fix the air box and any problems with the pipe work first.

You need to establish why the car is adding power, does it think it’s in gear, when it’s not? I’d there other drains on power like air-con or a weak battery stop - start on fiat vehicles will quit working if you look at the car funny so it’s not really diagnostic of any one particular problem just something that happens if you sneeze near the car or have a family member called Bob anywhere in history.

It may be something as simple as a battery issue, but you need to sort the air box first

Back