Currently reading:
Technical Punto Problem, Any Idea's?

BradMK1

Hi there,

I was just wondering if any of you could diagnose my problem..

I have a punto s 60, p reg. 1997

When i used to push my clutch down, it would go stiff at one point, click and then go all the way...it use to do this on most gear changes until i was coming down towards a roundabout yesterday, put it from 5th to 3rd and when i went to let go of the clutch it made a horrible grinding noise.. slowed me down then sped me up like the car was jerking until i came to a complete grinding stop. The clutch pedal was going wild during this ordeal, springing up and down and stiff and loose, i come to a stop and it smelt badly like a burnt clutch or something? the clutch pedal was completely stiff and couldnt be moved? any ideas? when i try to start my car it just clicks, like as if something is stuck? please help,

Much Appreciated,

Brad

your cluch is going.. the clicking is because the point in the cluch what gets pushed when you press it is worn.. so that theres a cracked bit or a indent / depression..

if you dont get it fixed now it could go at anytime.. might even last a long while.. but it WILL go.. the cluch 'should' be really smooth.. with no clicking.

Thanks alot for your help,

I think it must have gone or something though for it to grind me to a stop and the clutch pedal wont move at all.. it smelt aswell?

Cheers..

Oh dearrrrr

My clutch hits a point where it goes stiff before the pedal is completely down...so i guess ill soon be in the same boat as you....yay

How long has yours been like this for?

about 2 or 3 months,... its gay mate, just dont be doing any fast speeds as it breaks, it could probs kill u, it shuck me up :(

Back