Technical Adjusting the gas pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Adjusting the gas pedal

Dimich

Hello.
Found the following problem.
When you press the gas pedal to the end, the throttle opens to 65-68 degrees, you can open it even further by hand, up to 85 degrees.
I tried to adjust the cable on the attached throttles, if I tighten the cable sheath, the valve starts to open.
How to adjust the pedal?
Punto mk2b 1.2 8v

Hello.
When you press the gas pedal to the end, the throttle opens to 65-68 degrees, you can open it even further by hand, up to 85 degrees.
I tried to adjust the cable on the attached throttles, if I tighten the cable sheath, the valve starts to open.
How to adjust the pedal?
Punto mk2b 1.2 8v
Assuming not a linkage problem has the throttle body been reset/calibrated using a diagnostic tool?
If there is not a throttle potentiometer on the accelerator pedal, check the pedal hasn't just got bent so it isn't allowing full movement.

Assuming not a linkage problem has the throttle body been reset/calibrated using a diagnostic tool?
If there is not a throttle potentiometer on the accelerator pedal, check the pedal hasn't just got bent so it isn't allowing full movement.
I have a regular, mechanical pedal with a cable.
The opening angle was read using multiecuscan.
The pedal is made of plastic, it is unlikely to deform, rather it will break.

I’m going to suggest this might be normal.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had any car with a cable throttle but there needs to be some slack in the system so that when you smash your foot into the carpet the throttle body doesn’t hit an end stop and snap the cable or invert the butterfly and get stuck open

The adjustment is non existent it is the allowed movement in the throttle pedal and cable you can’t make the cable longer or shorter and if the idle is correct to is wot

There's always going to be a bit of slack, but mine opens closer to 90 degrees (by eye). This is a page from the Haynes manual. It's not exactly clear but it should be a good start :)
1999-punto-ii-service-and-repair-manual_pages-to-jpg-0001.jpg

Hello.
How to adjust the pedal?
Punto mk2b 1.2 8v
I am guessing a bit but is the butterfly valve spring correctly positioned so you can take up the slack in the cable without the valve opening?

I am guessing a bit but is the butterfly valve spring correctly positioned so you can take up the slack in the cable without the valve opening?
The slack in the cable is minimal, if you tighten it by even one tooth, the valve starts to open.

The slack in the cable is minimal, if you tighten it by even one tooth, the valve starts to open.
As you mentioned at the beginning even operating the control at the throttle body didn't open it 100% (85 degrees) doesn't that indicate a fault worth investigating?

I pulled the cable one step, pressed the pedal several times and it began to close and open normally.
Thank you all for your help!

Back