Technical Punto manual c510 box

Currently reading:
Technical Punto manual c510 box

Stripping a c510 gearbox down.....did one years ago and when i lifted off the main casing something "flipped" or " dropped". Never did suss out what fell out of place but any ideas as ive got abother one im opening up and want to make sure the casing will slip back on.....wondering if there summat you need hold up or set before lowering the casing back down???
Also how do you lock 2 gears together in order to undo the main and layshaft outer nuts?

Harsh truth. If you can't figure it out (on the fly) as you go, get around the problems, this is not a job for you, clearly.
Gain some experience first (on some easier parts, mechanisms), then "repair" the gearboxes. Seriously.

harsh in your words maybe, but its fine if you like that kind of approach to life and learning. Fairly switched on as a diyer home mechanic... you dont even know me. I was looking for advice from somebody thats been there and done it not to be told off or told to step away. Id give your head a wobble in future unless youre just a bot or a joe average troll in which case id expect nothing less.

Back