Punto Insurance

Currently reading:
Punto Insurance

churchill are very clever with there policy's
They dont give you an option on the excess you have for your policy

I think for 17 to 25 YO = £400
25 to 30 = £300
30+ = £250 or something like that

Thats how they are keeping people from claiming for those "minor" scrapes as it'd cost the driver more then it would the insure

Tempted to see what mine would be next year for me :)
If i say i've been driving 1 year and have 1 NCB :p

Ziggy

churchill are very clever with there policy's
They dont give you an option on the excess you have for your policy

I think for 17 to 25 YO = £400
25 to 30 = £300
30+ = £250 or something like that

Thats how they are keeping people from claiming for those "minor" scrapes as it'd cost the driver more then it would the insure

Tempted to see what mine would be next year for me :)
If i say i've been driving 1 year and have 1 NCB :p

Ziggy

O yes, the dreaded young driver excess. Makes me sick that it costs so much when you've already paid over the odd's for the bloody policy:mad:

It is expensive for new drivers. I paid about 1400 including my wife. Both are new driver on ecar. i never heard about ecar. Are they good.

I started driving at 22 in a Nissan Micra 1.2. Insurance was about £1200 with Norwich Union.

Then changed to a Fiat Punto 1.2 in February last year.
I then crashed in to someone, scraped his car and mine. When I got my renewal it was in the region of approx £1800.

I then changed insurance to Marks & Spencer's. Insurance for this year is £922. I think my excess is £200.

I was looking at moneysavingexpert.com and thought I might search for insurance through them and I found Marks & Spencer's.

Yeah but who is M & S? You can get insured by banks and places e.g. Natwest do insurance and so do Kwik Fit but its probably who provides it that makes the price difference.

My first insurance was £1400 odd fully comp direct line all sorted online, I was 18. Then they paid me back some when i did pass plus - well it was a bit more than the cost of pass plus so that was good. Now its about £950 after a year and its just been lowered below that so its now £90 less .. urm £860ish because i moved. I don't trust insurance companies much cos they tried to rip my dad off when my mum decided to destroy our Nissan Primera by driving into a lampost WHY MUM WHY!!! all she had to do was brake... no need to swerve... it was a 30 road and she was prob doin a lot less.... but insurance companies are there to make money and save money when they have to pay out so you can understand how they all work.

So yeah im quite happy with the price now, just over the cost of a Macbook.

When i first started driving to insure my 1.2 8v active sport 2b FC in my name at 17 it was £2,000. Then with 1 years NCB it was £1,300 and this year i changed to my T-jet and it is £950 for me to insure it and im with tesco :)

I paid £1300 with norwich union when I first started driving, but that was on an uno by the time I had a punto (i was 18 although only had uno for 9 months) I was paying 1100 TPFT. The joys of getting older...800 quid for a 1.5 swift fully comp with protected ncb and 200 quid excess..:p

Seems a lot for a Swift. Protected NCB and £200 excess on my Bravo Sport is only £450 - with a claim :(

Got my renewal for 2009 and it is now £964.80. In 2008 is was £922.40?

I don't understand why it has gone up :confused:

I'm looking for new car insurance (Have to do it today becuse my bank card runs out today and I don't have another one.....stupid Yorkshire Bank sent them out during xmas!!!)

Cheapest one I have found is with Alliance and Leicester at £633.40. I've been trying to find some more quotes for less but I can't seem to find any. Well I have found one at £609 but it doesn't cover legal expenses.

i'm paying 1500 on a 1.1 punto 55s. thats my name mother as named driver TPFT. i'm 18 and first insurance

Switched insurer this year after 7 years with Zurich (£278 last year). Now with Lloyds TSB and paying £170 fully comp (online quote) :D

Last edited:
i'm paying 1500 on a 1.1 punto 55s. thats my name mother as named driver TPFT. i'm 18 and first insurance

jings thats a bit steep!!!!! :eek:

i had a 1.8 focus when i was 19 with no ncb and only me on that policy and that was 1200!

i've now got a punto hgt with a couple few mods, 20 years old, been driving 2 years, no ncb (1 claim, even though it wasnt my fault and the other driver admitted liability!) for 1200... yes still a hell of alot of money, but when you consider i was getting quotes of around 1000 for a cinq! :eek:, for the extra performance and toys its not "really" that bad!

Back