Punto Insurance

Currently reading:
Punto Insurance

HiGGi

Helo all, jus wondering how much u guys pay for insurance. Im 17 and insured through my dads name and im £1300 a year but if i insure it myself its costing me £2020,for a bloody mk2 1.2 8v. Im with quinns directjus now but after ive had the car a year im insuring it myself so i can mod it. Any suggestions for other insurers?

Many Thanks

yes just wait a year, I'm on quinn have been on my dad insurance as named, and in oct will have a 1 ncb, then ins for me on my own will be £400 a year (y)

Cheers, although i think it will be more for me cause of my age, tho i got a quote online, prob cheaper over the phone....

mmmm,im not sure....it must def be your age not because your a new driver, as im a new driver,less than yr's driving,ncb and i got a quote for £40mth(£400 a yr) for my 1995,1.2 punto 75 sx!
Although im a woman and 24yrs old so that might of helped!
check out swiftcover.com,thats who im with...they seem quite cheap?

£1100 a year. Mods declared.

21, been driving since I was 17. 3rd most expensive post code in the country according to a web site that I can't actually remember the name of right now :shrug:

its prob my age and gender. mabey il get a sex change to make it cheaper :confused:
Jus got offered an appreinticeship with goodrich tho so hopefully il afford it soon :).

Jus thinking it might be because i got my cover online. My mates got a 1.4i 1998 civic an he is £1450 a year but he phoned them up to get cover rather than applying online.

yes just wait a year, I'm on quinn have been on my dad insurance as named, and in oct will have a 1 ncb, then ins for me on my own will be £400 a year (y)

You won't have a year NCB if a named driver, and if your getting a named NCB with direct line, it can only be used with them, and they're pants!

But back on topic. I'm £1280.04 fully comp on my Panda. I'm 19, and have 3 points and no NCB!(y) My excess is £400. Excesses affect a policy price greatly!

Last edited:
Cheers mate but i think you can only choose an excess when you have fully comp cover and i only hav 3rd party fire and theft.

I paid £1300 with norwich union when I first started driving, but that was on an uno by the time I had a punto (i was 18 although only had uno for 9 months) I was paying 1100 TPFT. The joys of getting older...800 quid for a 1.5 swift fully comp with protected ncb and 200 quid excess..:p

with quinn after driving a year you can claim a named driver bonus, not as good as a ncb but not bad either,
im 18, but yes if you get a ncb as named you have to stay with but i think quinns great anyway (y)
I can get £500/£700(3rd/full) on a fiat x1/9 so i think thats pretty good, i must be in a good postcode

Im 17 and have been driving since may 08. With quinns im insured as a named driver and im paying 1300 3rd party fire and theft, but i got a quote with adrian flux and they were asking for 1520 to insure it myself.

Cheers mate but i think you can only choose an excess when you have fully comp cover and i only hav 3rd party fire and theft.

Should be able to chose a voulentry excess ontop of the compulsory excess on any policy. Just to confirm mine is £400 excess in all. Not £400 ont op of £150 or something silly like that:eek:, lol.

In all I don't think my policy is that bad, most people seem to be paying the same for tpft with a clean lisence:p:yum:

i think i must have got a good deal, i have an 02 fiat seicento 1.1, and i pay £550 fully comp with free break down cover, i am only 17 and been driving since may 08, but i am only a named driver.

Back