Technical Punto Evo pulling to the left, rattle from rear nearside.

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Evo pulling to the left, rattle from rear nearside.

JamesLay

Hi,
I've had my 60 plate Punto Evo GP for a few months now, I've noticed the car has started pulling to the left, only really happens when I take my hands fully off the wheel. Doesn't seem to be caused by road camber as the issue is still present when driving on a flat road, Its not quite as bad if you drive on the right side of a 1 way street though.

I took the car into the garage today, they found that the tracking was out quite substantially on the front driver side wheel, they corrected that but the problem is still present. thankfully they didnt charge me for this. Im not sure if its related, but i've noticed when theres something quite heavy in the boot, or someone sits in one of the rear passenger seats, theres sort of a nasty scraping sound heard from the nearside rear which gets louder when going around corners, the car had a new exhaust fitted a month ago and the issue was present before this so the sound shouldnt be due to that.

Since the sound can be heard on the same side the car is pulling to i guess its possible that these two issues are related?

The garage has asked me to take the car back in on monday for a further investigation, they where also concerned that their laser tracker was giving incorrect results, so are having an engineer check on monday whilst my car is in.

I've had a look around these forums and some people suggested a faulty power steering motor, but part of me thinks its not that if as apart from pulling to the left the steering is smooth.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Just a follow up to this, my garage replaced the front driverside shock and did the tracking again, this has fixed my pulling to the side issue. This also seems to have fixed the rattling I was getting. So all sorted :)

Back