Technical Correct battery for the Fiat Punto Evo 2010 1.4

Currently reading:
Technical Correct battery for the Fiat Punto Evo 2010 1.4

lamin

What is the OEM/parts number for the Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 2010 stop/start battery?

I bought this one (Halfords EFB013/EFB027 Start/Stop EFB 12V Car Battery 5 Year Guarantee) from halfords recently but it turned out to be too short (190mm) so they refused to install it.

Context: I need to replace my car battery and have been having issues with finding the right replacement battery. The person I bought it from used a battery that was smaller than the OEM version, and they used some wood scraps which are placed under the strap to make sure that the battery stays snug and does not move about. I've driven the car as is and have had no issues so far , the battery recently ran out and I recharged it, and I now have to do so once every week or so.

Since I have owned it for going on 3 Years now, I know it's time to replace it. I would not be suprised if the person I bought it from installed a used battery rather than a brand new one (its my first car so im sure you can spot the rookie error - that said, i did manage to negotiate a lower price because I knew it was not a stop/start battery so it worked in my favour in the end).

Kinda getting desperate so would appreciate some comments. It may be too much to ask, but if you already have a stop/start installed, maybe check you battery parts no. and take and pic/comment the no. in response.

Thanks in advance.

Lamin

I got mine from Amazon, all the details in the video but mine was a 1.6 diesel so I assume the battery was bigger ? Than a petrol car’s battery

Swapping it yourself is really easy to do and the people who do this at halfords really lack any common sense or any significant training

Yh I ended up doing it myself, I was told that I would have to go and get the new battery reprogrammed, but turns out it's self learning so no need to do that too. Wasted my whole morning going back and forth.

Yh I ended up doing it myself, I was told that I would have to go and get the new battery reprogrammed, but turns out it's self learning so no need to do that too. Wasted my whole morning going back and forth.
The Fiat stop start system is pretty dumb and doesn’t need programming, cars that run more complex systems like VW’s Bluemotion tech need the battery programming in as it does a lot more than just stop start

Hey sorry for butting in. Just wanted to quickly ask if you got the battery that came with a car but no matter now much you tighten the negative terminal and it still moves. Guessing its probably the wrong battery or clamp is knackered?

Hey sorry for butting in. Just wanted to quickly ask if you got the battery that came with a car but no matter now much you tighten the negative terminal and it still moves. Guessing its probably the wrong battery or clamp is knackered?
Well it’s been 6 years since they stopped making the Punto and even assuming the absolute newest car it could have seen the battery taken off and reinstalled several times, the lead terminal on the battery is pretty soft so if it’s moving after you’ve tightened it, it could just be the terminal is worn especially if it’s the original battery and an older car

Back