Technical Punto 55s Bonnet wont open :(

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 55s Bonnet wont open :(

royiswise

I bought a 95 Punto 55s the other day in an Auction and on getting it home discovered I cannot open the Bonnet! The red handle under the steering column is loose and does not seem to do anything when I pull it, but the wire does seem to have tention on it so don't think it has Snapped? but I have checked and I think the bonnet is already released as i can place my hand under and feel the catch there but wont open at all, If i try and pull it up the car is moving with it too. Any suggestions or should i book it in with a garage? (which i want to avoid if possible)

I bought a 95 Punto 55s the other day in an Auction and on getting it home discovered I cannot open the Bonnet! The red handle under the steering column is loose and does not seem to do anything when I pull it, but the wire does seem to have tention on it so don't think it has Snapped? but I have checked and I think the bonnet is already released as i can place my hand under and feel the catch there but wont open at all, If i try and pull it up the car is moving with it too. Any suggestions or should i book it in with a garage? (which i want to avoid if possible)

if there is tension in the wire under the dash, then get a pair of pliers and just pull the wire towards you this should open the bonnet...

if the bonnet is already open as you said then it could be just jammed and it needs a good pull...

edit: oh and for future reference your best posting in the punto section... https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/

Last edited:
I have tried the pliars already :( and also I am worried about pulling to hard on the Bonnet as the car is lifting up at the same time, could there be a problem with the catch? if so anything i can do?

Well the good news is I have opened the bonnet, I pulled on the Lever and got my Big (in size and age) brother to press on the bonnet and heard the click and up it went.

But... Sadly this has now caused a new issue, The Bonnet wont close, it does click but any slight pull will lift it. It aint locking :(

Any ideas peeps on this new problem?

Back