Project Cav

Currently reading:
Project Cav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both rear calipers fcked... haha nae hayin much luck, think vectra calipers fit so will get a set fae scrappy

Urgh cant be arsed today, exhaust and fuel tank to come out, but just been pissing about with wiring diagrams instead in the nice warm house.

Ach well, got the exhaust off and fuel tank out last night, managed to salvage about 7 litres of petrol, I would assume its stale by now but should be ok in the lawnmower. Had the garden hose on the area of garden where I emptied the tank into containers as it was stinking up the neighbourhood. ... was actually expecting a visit from the fire brigade through the night tbh..

Need some fiat lads/lass' s help here, im needing 284mm coupe front discs kinda urgent, not worried what condition as they are just to get the car set up, free or cheap as if possible, can pay postage though. Even if theres a set of 305mm ones kicking about too. If cheap brembos were to be sourced then much love would be there for ever more!! Standalone engine management is coming at the end of January then it'll just be a case of plumb it all together hopefully :)

Project cav is now housed at the shed although in typical FS style it wasn't without nail-biting moments. As those who've read this thread will know we were looking to ask management if they were ok to let Stuart on site mid week to work on the car but we eventually decided it wasn't worth asking them as it would take to long to explain and they haven't been further than the main building in years.

All would have been well as management have absolutely **** all idea what's going on except for the slight problem of our deputy director (DD) deciding to leave the main building roughly at the same time Stuarty and the cav were due to arrive....

Our tame security guard Kev and I willed him to **** off sharpish but he proceeded to put his bags in the passenger side, stroll around to the drivers side, remove his coat, open his door and then check his ****ing phone. At this point I could see Stuart, the Touran and the trailer + cav arriving

If you've ever willed time to speed up then you'll know what I went through at that point in time especially as once parked as instructed by me, Stuart sauntered across the car park at a very slow speed and our DD decided to exit the car park at a glacial speed.

Luckily we got away with it (I think) and the cav is now in place

Yeah the instruction to look less shifty didnt really dawn on me lol, tis the only look I possess anyway haha

You did look like you were checking the place out tbf. It's probably a skill you could farm out to actual criminals as a decoy if you're looking to make extra money...

Was given metal pipe for making an exhaust today....3" stuff....wow this will be loud haha

Ebay has just been hit for exhaust flexi, 2"-3" reducer and a cherrybomb silencer (contradiction of terms there haha) just need to get some welding gas and make sure I have plenty wire, zorst building time haha...

On a side note, I was welding a roll cage in my mates polo today and took this vid...

Gas bought and the exhaust clamps arrived, but goosed battery and flat tyre on van mean ive to wait till tomorrow to get going...

Total redesign of seat brackets coming..... think I have an adjustable idea.. roll on monday so I can try and put plan into practice

Good bit of welding on the seat brackets, having to put the seats practically on the floor to get headroom.. borrowed a mates welder as well so I can get some real welding done tomorrow.

you were wondering how to get it off the trailer, well here's one solution......!

PS am off work 2moro so *may* come for a look for a bit as i'll be in town anyway if thats cool!?

Yeah thats fine by me, I will double check with harper that its ok. You any good at cutting or welding? Lol

Nae idea!! last time i welded was at skool, so it wont be the work of Brunel... haha

msb89 said:
you were wondering how to get it off the trailer, well here's one solution......!

PS am off work 2moro so *may* come for a look for a bit as i'll be in town anyway if thats cool!?

Taking it off that way would be ok..... if it ran... ;)

msb89 said:
Nae idea!! last time i welded was at skool, so it wont be the work of Brunel... haha

Last 2 things i welded, at college in a really dark room, welded my project to the table (to this day, i believe it's still there) :laugh:

And Daz's toyota exhaust, which lasted about 10 miles.... (admittedly, it was a rush job to get done and we knew it wasn't gonna hold, was a last resort given what was available)

I have a record and it aint good :laugh:

I'm ok with Mike on site tomorrow on the condition that it's all done through the gate close to the shed and not through the barrier and [obvious comment]you do nothing to bring FS into disrepute[/obvious comment]

I'll also add we're heading back to the shed tomorrow evening from 6 because Lewis has acquired some diagnostic equipment for Yellow... which you probably already know but just in case :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back