Project Bravo

Currently reading:
Project Bravo

Hells bells..it was the crank sensor indeed. The one I had was wrong, the car needed the most expensive one of a possible three. But on the plus side Ive been told shes runin fine and the broken exhaust mid-section bracket has been re welded to. Bonus!

Martyn said:
Hells bells..it was the crank sensor indeed. The one I had was wrong, the car needed the most expensive one of a possible three. But on the plus side Ive been told shes runin fine and the broken exhaust mid-section bracket has been re welded to. Bonus!

dare i say it :Mr-T: will jump all over me for saying it
at least u won't have 2 use p----- t--------
& no more chauffering:thumbs:

Cheers guys,(y)

Cheers also to Stuarty and Ransoman who've helped with the car in recent weeks. Had her into the garage briefly this morning as last night the new exhaust hanger was fitted (in rubbish weather again) but I still had that niggling that the front section of exhaust was lose again. It's not, the exhaust is spot on and I've also had the coolant topped up.

One thing that's worked it's way up the repair list is the sunroof seal. In recent days, with the downpours, there's a leak developed within the car. Just wondering if anyone's any recommendations for getting this fixed? From what I gather it's an absolute pig of a job?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang on a cotton picking minute there mate.I may have a very simple and free cure for the problem.If like me you have a leak in the corner(mine was o/s) open the bonnet and clean out all the crap in the corners of the lower windscreen/behind the strut tops.Then open the roof and blow compressed air down the drain holes.I did this when I first got mine and the leak never bothered me again.Worth a go at least?

mikey146cars said:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang on a cotton picking minute there mate.I may have a very simple and free cure for the problem.If like me you have a leak in the corner(mine was o/s) open the bonnet and clean out all the crap in the corners of the lower windscreen/behind the strut tops.Then open the roof and blow compressed air down the drain holes.I did this when I first got mine and the leak never bothered me again.Worth a go at least?

It's in the drivers footwell that I've got the probelm...could see if this helps? I've not had any issues with water leakage til this past week or so!

Did I read earlier on you had the coolant topped up? sounds like it could be a leaking heater matrix

mikey146cars said:
Did I read earlier on you had the coolant topped up? sounds like it could be a leaking heater matrix

You did, but there wasnt much to be topped up.

I had the coolant checked as the last couple of times I've topped up it was with water only - I'd no idea what colour of coolant was in. The water in the wells ONLY appears in the downpours! :(

well I thought cleaning out all the crud wouldn't make any difference(it was already quite clean) but it did.I wouldn't think it was the sunroof seal but If you don't see a difference after cleaning I may be proved wrong-and not for the first time today:L

mikey146cars said:
well I thought cleaning out all the crud wouldn't make any difference(it was already quite clean) but it did.I wouldn't think it was the sunroof seal but If you don't see a difference after cleaning I may be proved wrong-and not for the first time today:L

Ha ha I'll give it a try! Cheers fella (y)

BTW throguh in the Broch tomorrow if yer kickin aroond?!

I'm working.Even going to work my dinner hour! My flats got to get rewired an the rotten floor needs fixed so I'm hanging around waiting for people to get their arse in gear and get something done.

On the plus side I've bought super douper new lights and paint to spruce up my garage and made a workbench-then I'll just need a project!

Still no joy in fixing the leak as yet, due to lack of time, equipment and suitable weather, but it's looking more and more likely a blockage could be the cause.

The CV / Suspension issue was looked at today - looks like N/S CV/Boot is goosed (new cv!) and the O/S ball joint is, as the mechanic described it, ****ed. So the latter is a priority with a replacement CV following in quick succession.

Bring on the noise :)

Not much to report but the plans for this year should see her running 100% again.

Off to see the mechanic tomorrow to find out when the Balljoint & CV are getting changed (and how much they'll sting me)

No joy as yet with sunroof repair - and believe me, with the random thawing of snow/ice from the roof thats now a priority repair.

Along with the advisory the car had last year for the same balljoint, the garage noted the o/s front brake disc was pitted. I also notice this and though she seems to plough on (and stop) fine, I think changing front discs/pads ahead of the MOT in March may be an idea.

Just spied these on fleabay. Anyone any thoughts on front brake setups?

Otherwise a full service and going over and I'm hoping she'll be 100% again in no time at all :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back