Power 97.1hp at 5425 rpm
Power tyre 74.1hp
Dispersed power 23hp
Correct hp98.8 hp
atmospheric Temp 1002 mbar
External temp 24.1 deg C
Final reduction 4.0
Total ratio 2.1

I think that's it if incorrect Peter will put it right (y) as you can see there's big shift in power the surge in 4th gear is peticularly noticable :devil:

Re: Progress on Stilo performance tuning

Kubi said:
:eek: You leave my tooling alone :eek:

I cannot believe you let my mate Nick help get you your filter and this is how we are rewarded by you, typical.:D

How did it look by the way.............lol

Not too noisey though is it. I would like to take a bird out in my car occasionally without her thinking we are in a rally car. lol

Its Loud no good for courting will frighten her to death :devil:

bozzy said:
Are you going to take it around the track on Sunday Phil?

Track what track I have alredy done a 85 mile track run earlier from Brum :devil:

Christ PNL, I'm dead jealous. But, oh no, what should I do now! Spend the money with Oldschool for the same makeover (and keep the Stilo for the foreseeable), or commit to the Panda 100HP and hope FIAT(UK) do eventually import it?

Attachments

• panda sport.jpg
    panda sport.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 20

Schwenck said:
Christ PNL, I'm dead jealous. But, oh no, what should I do now! Spend the money with Oldschool for the same makeover (and keep the Stilo for the foreseeable), or commit to the Panda 100HP and hope FIAT(UK) do eventually import it?

You dont want a Panda get the induction and remap done you will be sorry if you dont :cool:

No really a choice is it. I'm sure all of us on here will tell you KEEP THE STILO.

We want more people to understand how good the stilo actually is, especially with Pete GSR working round the clock for us all at the moment.

Phil, you can go around the test track with all the Ferraris/Lambo's. Your'e welcome to give mine a go around if you wish as long as I can have a go in yours. Remember, I had a 5 door 1.6 so would be able to see the difference. I might be a little later getting back from the track than you though but don't worry too much. :)

Kubi said:
No really a choice is it. I'm sure all of us on here will tell you KEEP THE STILO.

We want more people to understand how good the stilo actually is, especially with Pete GSR working round the clock for us all at the moment.

Do you guys actually know what happenes technicaly when they do the mapping IE- what they alter ?

Pete GSR has explained before. With re-mapping it's all hush, hush. No one will reveals all the details on here. All i can say is other tuners on here use the same mapping for ever engine range. Each car though is different and should have live re-mapping done. Not of the shelf trash.:yuck:

Pete GSR i think, would happily explain when you see him and use him for your mapping.(y)

bozzy said:
Phil, you can go around the test track with all the Ferraris/Lambo's. Your'e welcome to give mine a go around if you wish as long as I can have a go in yours. Remember, I had a 5 door 1.6 so would be able to see the difference. I might be a little later getting back from the track than you though but don't worry too much. :)

No track testing for me as I value my baby to much :nono: could nick Daves speed gear and give that a blast though :devil:

sounds like your well chuffed (y)

thats technicaly a fifth gain in power over the standard which is pretty impressive for a petrol n/a engine!

Did you have a live remap or a generic remap...

and were are the pictures :D

and what new top end did you get on your private test track now ;)

a few questions about the remap... does it mean you can redline it now! As before its restricted from redlining it if that makes sence?

Has it got rid of any flat spots?

Do you find that your power curve comes in lower down the rev range now and is it more noticable?

Kind of wished i hadn't just blown £5k on a new toy :( .......but on the flipside :devil: it'll be so worth it, all im saying is its got more power than my stilo and has two wheels :devil: .....all will be revelead soon :D

.......... and will i get a test drive a gaydon as im curious :)

Last edited:

Kubi said:
Pete GSR has explained before. With re-mapping it's all hush, hush. No one will reveals all the details on here. All i can say is other tuners on here use the same mapping for ever engine range. Each car though is different and should have live re-mapping done. Not of the shelf trash.:yuck:

Pete GSR i think, would happily explain when you see him and use him for your mapping.(y)

Noooooo I meant do you know what peramiters they change :rolleyes: well its Fueling and spark and ignition and when they advance the ignition it causes heat build up and more heat as we know stifles the induction so it can be a vicious circle Ifyou know what I mean was this arse wipe there and the heat under the bonnet was MASSIVE killed his remap dead :bang: he had twin cone filter fitted and it was sited where it was gulping in HUGE amounts of hot air (n)

Last edited:

1.8Stilo said:
sounds like your well chuffed (y)

thats technicaly a fifth gain in power over the standard which is pretty impressive for a petrol n/a engine!

Did you have a live remap or a generic remap...

and were are the pictures :D

and what new top end did you get on your private test track now ;)

a few questions about the remap... does it mean you can redline it now! As before its restricted from redlining it if that makes sence?

Has it got rid of any flat spots?

Do you find that your power curve comes in lower down the rev range now and is it more noticable?

Kind of wished i hadn't just blown £5k on a new toy :( .......but on the flipside :devil: it'll be so worth it, all im saying is its got more power than my stilo and has two wheels :devil: .....all will be revelead soon :D

.......... and will i get a test drive a gaydon as im curious :)

Live remap and the power curve does come in lower down I didnt have any flat spots to cure and what you want pics for cant you here me reving from where you live :p nice to see you by the way Rob (y)

Kubi said:

I love my Stilo! I take her for drives just for fun! I treat her right with Shell V-Power. Ah, the rasp at 4000rpm….

Then again, I can't help thinking about that brief one night dalliance I had with that courtesy Panda...

Schwenck said:
I love my Stilo! I take her for drives just for fun! I treat her right with Shell V-Power. Ah, the rasp at 4000rpm….

Then again, I can't help thinking about that brief one night dalliance I had with that courtesy Panda...

What in hells name you want a Panda for get a dog or cat like normal folk and keep the stilo :D

Watch out guys I see Serin is sniffing about think we have ourselves another stilo closet wanabe :p Ah well Im off to bed guys I am cream crackered only had 3hours sleep last night so see you all to- morrow :wave:

PNL said:
What in hells name you want a Panda for get a dog or cat like normal folk and keep the stilo :D

Don't say that: my daughter wants me to get a Panda (FIAT variety) and a greyhound (canine variety)... Now I'm well confused, especially through my fog of Sicilians red (currently £2.99 at Sainsbuys).

Back