Technical Programming a new remote key

Currently reading:
Technical Programming a new remote key

Liam1804

Hi, I’m a newbie who’s just brought a 2006 grande punto 1.2,

Thing is it only has 1 remote key,

Is there away I can buy a blank brand new remote fob and programme it to the car with multicuscan, if it can be done, what’s the process,

I’ve programmed Vauxhall keys before with op-com but this is the first time me owning a fiat, just trying to keep the cost down and see if it’s possible to DIY

Hi. :)

Not easy.. but certainly no dealer visit required.

The SEARCH on here should gond televant posts.

Charlie

Hi,

I’ll have a search, but I think I’ll let a auto locksmith do it, been quoted £110 for a remote flipkey and 1 normal key cut and programmed, I think that’s a good deal tbh, just got to travel 20 miles but works out cheaper to do this than other local locksmiths do the work,

Do they need any security codes to programme them? Reason I ask, I asked the bloke this and he said he only needs the car and the key I have now,

Hi,

I’ll have a search, but I think I’ll let a auto locksmith do it, been quoted £110 for a remote flipkey and 1 normal key cut and programmed, I think that’s a good deal tbh, just got to travel 20 miles but works out cheaper to do this than other local locksmiths do the work,

Do they need any security codes to programme them? Reason I ask, I asked the bloke this and he said he only needs the car and the key I have now,

This type of key is normally a clone of the key you have rather than programming a new key (with a different internal number) to the car, so they don't need thee security code. If you went to a dealer they would need the CODE number and charge you for getting it if you don't have it.

Robert G8RPI.

This type of key is normally a clone of the key you have rather than programming a new key (with a different internal number) to the car, so they don't need thee security code. If you went to a dealer they would need the CODE number and charge you for getting it if you don't have it.

Robert G8RPI.
We can supply and programe a remote key into this vehicle. £150 total.
We can get the security code from the vehicle and programe the key/remote.This is not a cloned key.

I am unaware of any way to clone a remote for this car.

We can supply and programe a remote key into this vehicle. £150 total.
We can get the security code from the vehicle and programe the key/remote.This is not a cloned key.

I am unaware of any way to clone a remote for this car.

Keyline do a clonable remote. But it’s a complete waste of time. Remote heads are relatively expensive and because it’s using the same id the remotes push each other out of sync continuously.

Hi,

That’s very very cheap. Make sure you get s dated receipt so if it stops working you can get it replaced. For that price id be expecting the cheapest of the cheap Chinese aftermarket key.

That’s very very cheap. Make sure you get s dated receipt so if it stops working you can get it replaced. For that price id be expecting the cheapest of the cheap Chinese aftermarket key.

You could be right, I have seen a few on aliexpress, I’ll make sure they guy gives me a receipt, I’ll post back with an update once I’ve had it done,

You could be right, I have seen a few on aliexpress, I’ll make sure they guy gives me a receipt, I’ll post back with an update once I’ve had it done,
Liam, Call me old fashioned but it seems you want to pay morris minor money but your expecting to come away with a rolls Royce.

Last edited:
Liam, Call me old fashioned but it seems you want to pay morris minor money but your expecting to come away with a rolls Royce.

If it does the same job then that suits me, why pay over the odds?, the company doing it has a really good reputation and reviews, I couldn’t careless what it looks like aslong as it works and does the job

Last edited:
Went to timpsons yesterday to get a key cut for my seicento and the guy quoted £90 for key but said he also needs the car so presumably they will have to read the key code from the car itself.would it be cheaper just going to a fiat main dealer ??

Went to timpsons yesterday to get a key cut for my seicento and the guy quoted £90 for key but said he also needs the car so presumably they will have to read the key code from the car itself.would it be cheaper just going to a fiat main dealer ??

I’ve found a company that can cut/programme a basic key for £50, I’m going to just get a basic key now and consider just buying one of them universal remote locking kits off eBay, works out a lot cheaper, it’s only for the Mrs as it’s her first car

Yes it’s HitagII aka id46 pcf7936 for non remote keys and pcf7946/pcf7947 in the remotes. If programming to the car diagnostically they need to be prepared first for that specific car. Crypto Hi and Low + user pages + remote pages need to be set for that specific car and locked before you can program it in.

Back