problem with my vin, help please!

Currently reading:
problem with my vin, help please!

dhayek

hi all , i just purchased a 500 abarth SS ferrari dealer edition, the car just arrived to the sea port in beirut, and they are not releasing it because they are not able to determine the model year, normally it is the 10th digit in the vin number, in my vin its a 0, it refers to othing! if its an 2009 it should be a 9 , if its a 2010 it should be an A. anyone knows anything about that subject????

hi all , i just purchased a 500 abarth SS ferrari dealer edition, the car just arrived to the sea port in beirut, and they are not releasing it because they are not able to determine the model year, normally it is the 10th digit in the vin number, in my vin its a 0, it refers to othing! if its an 2009 it should be a 9 , if its a 2010 it should be an A. anyone knows anything about that subject????

I've never heard of the VIN telling you the year in that manner before tbh.

If you know the VIN try http://www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm

This website will decode the VIN so it should be able to tell you what it is.
or Carfax
http://www.carfax.com/

Found this on the web...
The VIN encodes specific information about a vehicle, including country of manufacture, manufacturer, model, body style and even engine and other information. This was standardized in the early '80s and all major manufacturers follow the standard. Here's the VIN for my car: 1HGEG8557SL022455
se.asp
. Here's what CARFAX can tell about the car just by decoding the info in the VIN: 1995 Honda Civic LX, 4 Dr Sedan.
If the 10th digit represents the year then shouldn't that be a 5 instead of an S ?

Last edited:
If the 10th digit represents the year then shouldn't that be a 5 instead of an S ?

Not according to Wiki. 2001-2009 uses 1-9 rest are letters and goes around in a loop. I didn't like our 09 Panda though (April 09 built, July 09 registered), had an '0' but should have been a 9 in theiory.

Back