Fiat Debris - Help Please!

Currently reading:
Fiat Debris - Help Please!

FiatDebris

Hoping someone can provide help with the identification of a vehicle from the parts left behind when someone demolished a section of my dry stone wall overnight! The 3 photos attached show the headlight unit; the reflector moulded-in date code appears to be 9-05 (September 2005...?). Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Duncan

Attachments

• Headlight_Part_Code.jpg
    Headlight_Part_Code.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Headlight_Reflector_1.jpg
    Headlight_Reflector_1.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 20
  • Headlight_Reflector_Date-Code.jpg
    Headlight_Reflector_Date-Code.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 19
Your have a date, time? and debris part number.

I suspect the overall damage to the Doblo is not trivial and they will probably put and accidental damage insurance claim through. If they do then this will be registered on an insurer's (read cross insurance company's) databases.

So you have location, Fiat Doblo, date? N/S or O/S damage and no other vehicle involved. This may be enough for your house insurance company to track down the offending vehicle.

Any paint mark residues?

Your have a date, time? and debris part number.

I suspect the overall damage to the Doblo is not trivial and they will probably put and accidental damage insurance claim through. If they do then this will be registered on an insurer's (read cross insurance company's) databases.

So you have location, Fiat Doblo, date? N/S or O/S damage and no other vehicle involved. This may be enough for your house insurance company to track down the offending vehicle.

Any paint mark residues?
I was going to ask. Would be fun to provide the colour too.
I was clobbered in a car park around 12 years ago. I drove every road in every town and village to ensure I identified the culprit. Which I did. Even back then the damage was over £2500. I resent the people who are too mean and dishonest to own up to their mistakes or to claim on the insurance they have to cover such mishaps. I wonder if being under the influence is the reason for clearing off.

Thank you all for your help!

I would imagine the Doblo ((y)) is a write-off given its age - going through and collapsing c. 4m of dry stone wall must have caused tremendous damage.

Photo of part of the front bumper attached, colour appears to be dark grey metallic. From this 2005 brochure: https://www.onlymanuals.com/fiat/doblo/fiat_doblo_cargo_sales_brochure_2005_2005 , it appears Fiat offered several shades of grey.

Attachments

• Front-Bumper_1.jpg
    Front-Bumper_1.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
Better photo of the part of the front bumper (now cleaned). Presumably the moulded-in codes: "5" & "9" are a date, i.e. September 2005 which would match the headlight reflector date code?

Is there any other useful information contained in the many codes on the headlight part code label attached to my first post above?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Front-Bumper_2.jpg
    Front-Bumper_2.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Front-Bumper_Date-Code.jpg
    Front-Bumper_Date-Code.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 10
Back