Technical Problem im not really sure on

Currently reading:
Technical Problem im not really sure on

h2ypr

500 + 600
...how to actually fix.

The front and rear window wipers arent working. I dont know as of yet whether its electrical or mechanical, but the rest of the electrics work in the car so i dont see why it would be electrical.

Anyone know any common areas to check? Is it likely to be a relay? I've checked all the fuses and they seem fine, nuthing else is affected.

Could it be the linkage? But then one would work wouldnt it?

And why isnt the rear one working?

All ideas appreciated. And if anyone knows how to gain access to the front linkage, a wee guide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ross

what stalks do you have?
early with rear wiper switch on the dash or later all in one stalk?

It's an N reg IIRC, so should be the older style with the rear wipe switch on the dash...perfectly possible that both front and rear motors are goosed if it's been standing for a while. At the same time, it could be a rotten connection/wire.

The switch is on the dash. I dont think i actually tried it.

Ross

Well i cant hear the motor going, so i presumed it was that. Buying LOADS of parts just now off Fluffy (TOP BLOKE) and getting some wiper parts aswell. Its the only thing apart from the brakes, that means the car cant be used/mot'd yet. Once i sort the wipers and brakes, i can get it through an mot! :D

Ross

Back