Technical Fiat Seicento 2001 sunroof not closing

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Seicento 2001 sunroof not closing

pot8osalt

Hello all,

Some weeks ago I was trying to close the sei sunroof, I turned the knob perhaps a bit too tight because I heard a click and the sunroof popped up to its open position. In fact the sunroof did not respond anymore to the knob, and I could push the sunroof by hand much further than normal.

I have been trying to close it again, but so far no luck. The knob still works to some degree, if I have a 2nd person press down on the sunroof while I turn the knob then the sunroof will close down (or be pushed up, depending which way the knob is turned). But once the 2nd person releases the pressure on the sunroof, it pops up immediately, as if the knob is too weak to hold it in place as before..

Anyone knows how to fix this? Is the knob just broken, or should I be able to fix this somehow? Btw the screw inside can only be turned a few mm with a flathead screwdriver.

I have read the posts on this issue here, but none of them seem to mention the half working/broken knob (regulator)

I had to repair the sunroof on my Citroen Pluriel , loads of grief, but probably a bit more involved design than yours, it was computer controlled and involved the boot opening and roof folding down in to the boot, I believe even the Dealers didn't want to get involved with them at the time!;)
My guess would be the worm drive cable damaged or the knob mechanism that moves the cable, probably caused by something sticking or broken bit of plastic in the runners or guides that it moves in, especially if you felt you turned it a bit too tight.
Possibly a Forum member here will have a pdf or photo of the mechanism to see how it works.

I am going to assume you may not know this but these types of sunroofs are designed to be completely removed on a hot sunny day. so lift the back up assuming that the back of the sunroof has completely detatched from the car and you should be able to pull the sunroof backwards towards the back of the car and release it completely from the car.

Then you can have a proper look at what's going on. Best case the catch that holds the back of the sunroof down has just popped out, and just needs to be clipped back in. you'll be able to see how this works with the sunroof off the car.

Worst case that catch or something in the winding mechanism has broken. But the good news is as long as you can find a replacement then its a no tools repair.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've disassembled the sunroof, couldn't take it out actually (I think the silicone sealing was holding it in place), nevertheless I could take a look at the winder mechanism and the plastic part inside is indeed broken.

I have been trying to look on the web for a spare part, but no luck so far except for one priced 200 euros (!!). Does anyone have any tips for finding such (spare) part? Product code is 735248585, this is the entire gray winder, in theory I would only need the plastic part that is inside of that, doesn't seem to have a product code however..

Thanks for the replies guys. I've disassembled the sunroof, couldn't take it out actually (I think the silicone sealing was holding it in place), nevertheless I could take a look at the winder mechanism and the plastic part inside is indeed broken.

I have been trying to look on the web for a spare part, but no luck so far except for one priced 200 euros (!!). Does anyone have any tips for finding such (spare) part? Product code is 735248585, this is the entire gray winder, in theory I would only need the plastic part that is inside of that, doesn't seem to have a product code however..
Sorry I don't know about sourcing the part, all I was going to say was make sure all the rest of the mechanism is well oiled and moves easily as that is probably why the plastic part broke.

No idea if this is the right part but seems to pop up a lot on ebay if you search for Sei Sunroof.

What I would say is don't buy this. It looks like a 3D printed part so there might be a file for it online somewhere that you can print your own (assuming you know someone with a 3D printer) or there maybe companies online who will print the part for a fraction of the cost.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No idea if this is the right part but seems to pop up a lot on ebay if you search for Sei Sunroof.

What I would say is don't buy this. It looks like a 3D printed part so there might be a file for it online somewhere that you can print your own (assuming you know someone with a 3D printer) or there maybe companies online who will print the part for a fraction of the cost.
I think that part is for the electric sunroof? I have made a picture of what mine looks like, you can see the broken bits of plastic next to it. With the picture I realized that it is part of the winder actually, so it looks like there is no easy to fix this without getting a whole new winder. Alternatively, as a last resort, I think I could put the sunroof back together, only without the winder here, so that the sunroof can sit at least fully closed.

1693577110302.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This chap is breaking a Seicento Abarth - I can't see from the picture if it has a sunroof, but it's got the lip for it?

This chap is breaking a Seicento Abarth - I can't see from the picture if it has a sunroof, but it's got the lip for it?

Thanks!! I will go and ask him rightaway.

Reactions: ben
Back