Technical Problem after Problem :(

Currently reading:
Technical Problem after Problem :(

j4s0n88

Hi
I had an electrical diagnostic done last week, coming up with EGR Valve, which i had replaced at £160, as my car had been cuttin out after around 10mins worth of driving or a certain temperature.

After picking it up from the garage, drove to the bank, where it conked out on me again!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasnt very happy after just spending 165quid. After an HOUR the car started again, once back at the garage two new fault codes came up - Can something an revs syncrhonisation...what could these be? any other ideas what could cause the car to do this?

My friend kept sayin that, but only when the EGR valve was done the new codes came up. A small garage in birmingham, WONT BE GOING BACK FOR SURE!!

Its a punto 1.9 jtd 2000.

The injection system failure light came on for first time yesterday, usually it totally cuts out but yest it slowly died, lost all power when the light came on dash but hadnt stalled.

Im just trying to get it running so i can sell it because of all the problems ive been out an bought a new car this afternoon as im travelling 60-70miles a day so needed something more reliable!

nooo just remove the top of the air filter housing and stick your finger in and see if that silly flap has come lse bloking the air wile the engine running

it's called a modified flow throttle control valve

they are always breaking on mk2 diesel jts's

they shut and open randomly causing the engine to cut out and run like a dog and they bring up various faults like egr boost presure for turbos and such

LITTLEPIP IS COMPLETELY RIGHT. IT IS ALMOST SURE THAT IT IS CAUSING YOUR PROBLEM. 2 OF MY FRIENDS WITH JTDs HAD SAME PROBLEMS....TRY LOOK AT IT.

what it is actually meant to do is close on the overrun and increase egr operation and as a result reduce nox emissions

this is why it causes egr faults to come up

and before anyone asks no there not very expensive and a 3 year old could fit one

Last edited:
Back