General Price for a new key...

Currently reading:
General Price for a new key...

BungleSchlong

My mk2 punto only came with one blue key and i'm a bit worried about the costs if i lose it. I got a quote off someone local for £45 for a copy. Does this sound reasonable seeing how the key is coded?

could you tell me where to get a key for a mk. 2 for £45. i was quoted £100 cheapest

Mk1 cheapest locally was £45, however didn't unlock the boot as the key it copied..
:confused:

could you tell me where to get a key for a mk. 2 for £45. i was quoted £100 cheapest

My mk2 punto only came with one blue key and i'm a bit worried about the costs if i lose it. I got a quote off someone local for £45 for a copy. Does this sound reasonable seeing how the key is coded?

The key on the mk2 is on a rolling code, so double check with the key cutter that it will work.

I was told by my key cutters it was only Fiat that could do them...but he could have been wrong. :confused:

when i got a quote for a mk1 the other week was told about £90+ and i had to get it from Fiat

Mk1 cheapest locally was £45, however didn't unlock the boot as the key it copied..
:confused:

Local key cutters do the mk1 clones for about £20-25. However make sure they dont just make you another red key...only a cloned blue.

johnk854 The keycutters opposite O'neils/woolies in Redhill will clone a blue key for about £20, and I've never had any problems with the quality of the cut. They have always opened all locks just fine :)

johnk854 The keycutters opposite O'neils/woolies in Redhill will clone a blue key for about £20, and I've never had any problems with the quality of the cut. They have always opened all locks just fine :)

:bang: NOW you tell me I tracked down & used a mobile key cutter in Crawley...:cry:

My spare key (blue one) unlocks the doors but will not start the car? Any ideas if it it has just lost its code, or will i need a new key:confused:

Would fiat be the only people who can code in a key??

Sory its a MK1.

Yeah turns in the barrel all ok, but nothing happens, like it would be if battery was flat.

does not sound to bad a price the local place to me does a mk1 for £30 -

although it might be worth having a look on ebay for a key ,as i got an uncut one for a mk1 for £2.41 and took it down the my local key cut place and he cut it and programed it for a fiver

Cheers m8, I didnt know key cutters could program keys! Thought it would be a fiat job so aint bin arsed to do it for months. Happy now :D

Back