Technical Power Steering and dashboard faults... :(

Currently reading:
Technical Power Steering and dashboard faults... :(

Thanks, I'll give my local Fiat a call tomorrow and get myself booked in as soon as possible then! This is becoming a little money-pit!!! x

Okay, I've had this test now. Booked into Fiat at 8.30 yet they didn't even look at it until 1pm. What was the point in booking in?!

Anyway, result says: -

"Power Steering Failed - Examiner Check. Steering light on permanent. No Power Steering. Motor Phases present. Requires new city column. We have advised customer not to drive vehicle."

"Cost for steering column, supply fit and VAT - £621.77" - My favourite part!!

And it says "Active diagnosis not performed" not sure what that means.

I haven't got a single clue what any of that means! Is spending £621 at Fiat the only way forward?!

They also said that my dashboard problem must have just been a 'blip'.

xXx

"Power Steering Failed - Examiner Check. Steering light on permanent. No Power Steering. Motor Phases present. Requires new city column. We have advised customer not to drive vehicle."

And it says "Active diagnosis not performed" not sure what that means.

Parts not available seperately so can only get complete column.

Active diagnosis not performed is not relevent here. What it does mmean is that they can activate the CITY or steering light etc via the examiner computer to check its operation.

Thanks... it's all a bit much to understand isn't it ha! :)

Might be a while before I get the repairs then at that cost... but at least I know what I'm looking at now!

Back