Possible FCA merger...

Currently reading:
Possible FCA merger...

I must admit, Geely taking over Fiat might not be a bad thing: when they took over Volvo, they gave them the brave investment to develop a brand new range of engines and platforms. If they took over Fiat, they could do the same thing. Given the vast number of brands involved, the potential rewards of investment could be very lucrative.

I must admit, Geely taking over Fiat might not be a bad thing: when they took over Volvo, they gave them the brave investment to develop a brand new range of engines and platforms. If they took over Fiat, they could do the same thing. Given the vast number of brands involved, the potential rewards of investment could be very lucrative.

Geely already tried to buy fiat last year, I was using them as an example.

I think the problem is fiat know they need to team up to carry on but don’t want to give anything up in the process.

Re: Possible FCA merger...govern

What did Geely want them to give up?
Control of the company that the Agnelli family won’t give up, the offer from geely was too low for them so they wanted to keep all the valuable brands like Maserati and Alfa Romeo, which geely rejected so they went their separate ways

And I thought the Renault merger failure was due to the French government sticking their snouts in?

I imagine a similar thing happened with Renault, Fiat didn’t like the offer on the table and decided to try and keep all the goodies, as the French government are very large share owners in Renault they had a right to to veto any deals and so they where not happy with what fiat where asking.

Several times now fiat have looked for buyers and to merge but failed. I think what the Aganellis are trying to do is offload fiat but keep everything else.

Back