Technical Possible coil pack issue?

Currently reading:
Technical Possible coil pack issue?

Reading up on a few more posts, the general feeling is that Sagem coils are no good? I've ordered 2 off a guy from ebay who says they are genuine parts with part numbers. Are these gonna be Sagem? I know Shop4parts do the champion coils but they were £10 more...

as a rule sagem are not the best, but saying that i still have 2 on my car and have done 80k - its luck of the draw tbh. My wifes stilo still has all 4 sagems in as well, but when they go it will only be champion (ive got 3 spares now). Fiat only supply champions as well.
Another thing that is handy, keep at least one spare in the boot with a 10mm spanner / socket (remeber you need to get the engine cover off as well). if im going on a long journey i also take my notebook and fault leads. this came in handy last year when we went camping - i started the car up to go home and it was shuddering like yours with engine management light up - if looks could kill my wife would have killed me 4 times over.
thankfully i had all the equipment in the boot and was running within 10mins.
good luck
roy

Just thought i'd update everyone... So my 2 new coils arrived friday morning and I was gonna change it there and then (8.30am) but it was raining so delayed. Saturday morning, armed with the knowledge of FF.com, I set out to fix her up.

Engine up and running, warning light on, I used Morty's tip of removing one coil at a time and seeing if it made any change to the engine idle. Apparently, when the dodgy coil was removed, it would not affect the engine. After removing each coil one by one, all 4 of them made the car run worse! I assumed it wasn't a coil fault then. I even smelt each coil but they all smelt the same. My diagnostic reader hadn't come yet so I couldn't identify the problem. Fed up at not being able to find the fault, I just changed the 2 on the right as a gamble. Put everything back together and started her up just to make sure she was still running... CHECK OK!!! By sheer luck, I replaced one of the broken coils! Went inside and washed my hands feeling all smug... Ding Dong! Postman arrived with my diagnostic reader... DOH!!! Checked her out and it noted a fault on cylinder one.

After driving carefully for a couple of days, it was nice to be able to give her some more gas knowing everything was back to the way it was. Oh, and all my coils were Champion and not Sagem. One problem now is, I replaced 2 of the coils and now I don't know which of the 2 removed coils is broken and which is still working!

And no I can't be bothered to plug it back in again...

Lake District was good. Gf was very happy and so was I. Had her for 3 years now and I still love her since the day i got her. Rides very well. And I love my gf too... :p

Cheers everyone for the help and advice!

Great result (y) (in every respect by the sound of it ;))

Judging by the fault code it seems #1 is most likely faulty so if you can remember which one came out of #2 then I'd put it back - which means you can then put the new one back in it's box (and leave in glove compartment :))

Was definately a great result. Pity it was at the wrong time. Time of the month that is! Still, she was happy to be out and i was happy to have Charly running properly again.

At first i didn't think i'd fixed her so I put both the replaced coils into a bag so now i dont know which is which. It was only after i'd put everything back together and started her up did I realise i'd fixed her without even knowing! I guess I will have to eventually start the process again so I know i will have a spare coil. Then I only have to carry one and not both...

Back