Tuning Is it possible to install SelectSpeed Transmission on Schumacher?

Currently reading:
Tuning Is it possible to install SelectSpeed Transmission on Schumacher?

danims98

Hello guys,

I am a happy owner of a 1.9 16V 150CV Schumacher Stilo and I would like to know if anyone has any idea if it maybe possible to install the SelectSpeed transmission of the 2.4 Abarth.

Thanks for your advice.

Why would you want to? I've had no problems at all with my Schumi's 5-speed manual (other than I wish it was six speed!). The Selespeed is one to avoid in most people's opinion...

Hello guys,

I am a happy owner of a 1.9 16V 150CV Schumacher Stilo and I would like to know if anyone has any idea if it maybe possible to install the SelectSpeed transmission of the 2.4 Abarth.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it's a genuine Schumacher ?

I understood that there was only one Schumacher JTD made. It was German registered with registration number HN F 4844 and had number 0383 on the Schumacher badge on top of the dashboard.

Why would you want to? I've had no problems at all with my Schumi's 5-speed manual (other than I wish it was six speed!). The Selespeed is one to avoid in most people's opinion...

Well I was only being curious. If I could keep my manual transmission and install also the Semiautomatic one...

I discarded the idea when I found out that the SelectSpeed has no manual option and that it was only 5 speed. But I know that the brother of the Stilo, the AlphaRomeo 147 had a SelectSpeed og 6 gears! But I assume that it won't be compatible at all.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it's a genuine Schumacher ?

I understood that there was only one Schumacher JTD made. It was German registered with registration number HN F 4844 and had number 0383 on the Schumacher badge on top of the dashboard.

Hello, thanks.

Yes, it is a genuine Schumacher. I assume that my engine is JTDm (Multijet) but if you want (and tell me how) we can try to investigate this. My car is from Spain.

Hello, thanks.

Yes, it is a genuine Schumacher. I assume that my engine is JTDm (Multijet) but if you want (and tell me how) we can try to investigate this. My car is from Spain.

What number does yours have on the Schumacher badge on top of the dashboard?

Attachments

• Schumacher Badge.jpg
    Schumacher Badge.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Even if it were mechanically possible (electronically it would be another problem) it would be highly undesirable, the 150 hp MJ has a 30% higher torque, so the 2.4 box would have a pretty bad time.
On the other hand, the development in 5th of the automatic gearbox is (I speak from memory) 35 km / h per 1000 rpm, while the sixth of the Mj is almost double (about 60 km / h) if you add to this that one gives the maximum power to 6000 and the other to 4000 ..... I don't think there is anything more to say.

Aunque fuese mecánicamente posible (electrónicamente sería otro problema) sería muy poco recomendable, el MJ de 150 CV tiene un par motor un 30% superior, con lo que la caja del 2,4 lo pasaría bastante mal.
Por otro lado el desarrollo en 5ª de la caja automática es de (hablo de memoria) 35 Km/h por cada 1000 rpm, mientras que la sexta del Mj es casi el doble (unos 60 Km/h) si a esto le unes que el uno da la potencia máxima a 6000 y el otro a 4000..... no creo que haya que decir nada más.

So, is 2172 genuine ?, and if so, as it's only the 2nd known diesel Schumacher does it make it valuable ?

So, is 2172 genuine ?, and if so, as it's only the 2nd known diesel Schumacher does it make it valuable ?

I don't know about its actual value.

But I can tell you that it is genuine, I bought the car about a year ago and it hasn't been modified in any way, it even has the original clutch.

We will have to wait if anyone know more about this. May we have to start another topic?

PD: I think there are more diesel schumachers, I think the strange thing is that it is multijet.

Back