Technical Popping exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical Popping exhaust

First long drive today. Oh, the Joy of accelerating, and on the overrun.... silence. No more pop pop pop BANG. Only now i realise how loud the car really was. Also i was able to install a heatshield above the (tiny) exhaust and never before was the engine compartment as 'cool' as today.

This is going to be a good summer.

First long drive today. Oh, the Joy of accelerating, and on the overrun.... silence. No more pop pop pop BANG. Only now i realise how loud the car really was. Also i was able to install a heatshield above the (tiny) exhaust and never before was the engine compartment as 'cool' as today.

This is going to be a good summer.
Like that, 40 miles over the last two days and it's been bliss.

Well done Flock and thanks to everyone who helped us along the way!

To further this, I installed a carb I got off Toshi and things just got a whole lot better! Tons of power, no stumbles, never ran better.
I know there are improvements that could be made by someone more in the know but lord am I a happy camper tonight! Looking forward to burning more petrol tomorrow!

Re popping exhausts , I see it has been an ongoing problem for cars for a "day or two" :ROFLMAO: I bought a collection of motoring magazines from an old lady whose father had passed away, not sure I will find the time to read them all though. Check the date on them. I was surprised to see Halfords had an advert in the magazine.:)

Attachments

• DSCF1316.JPG
    DSCF1316.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1317.JPG
    DSCF1317.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1319.JPG
    DSCF1319.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 10
Back