4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg I have replaced the pollenfilter and I've done pictures to help U.:)
attachment.php

Last edited:

RQ3ZQTB

Hi,

I work in an air filters company (Mahle) and we produce AC filters (or pollen filters)
As I can see on your pictures, you had a pollen filter and you replaced it with a carbon pollen filter.
What's your feed back??
Does the new one really protect from bad odours for a long time ?
Or is the std pollen filter enough ...?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

OP
OP
S

stilos

Hi,

As I can see on your pictures, you had a pollen filter and you replaced it with a carbon pollen filter.
Yes, I did.

Does the new one really protect from bad odours for a long time ?
I don't know (yet). I think the std pollenfilter is enough. I just bought the carbon pollen filter, because the price difference was almost nothing.

houshy001

Hi,

Yes, I did.

I don't know (yet). I think the std pollenfilter is enough. I just bought the carbon pollen filter, because the price difference was almost nothing.
Just used this guide excellent thankyou. I pulled it out quick though, can you just confirm for me the air flow must go from the front to the back of the car?

OP
OP
S

stilos

Just used this guide excellent thankyou. I pulled it out quick though, can you just confirm for me the air flow must go from the front to the back of the car?

I'm glad of it.:)
Yes, You are right. Airflow is from front to back. (y)

Freebo

PANDA!!
Staff member
Just a word of advise, if you have a RHD bravo it is located in the drivers footwell, you will need to remove a interior panel pin before you can remove the panel.

Also be careful as the foot pedals,cables and steering column are really awkwardly in the way. I would recommend you just ask your garage to do it for you on the next service.

I managed to put my back out while attempting this, its in but not really correctly in. I will get my garage to re do it on the next service.

damomca

Yes, pollen filter is very tricky, more difficult than the air filter. There is no way to get in nicely, the pedals and a metal part of the dash are in the way, so you have to basically mash it in and use your fingers to get the top and bottom in place and push it fully in.

luka3rd

Thank you, thank you, thank you... Nowhere else I could find this info, much less with nice photos of the entire process!
TThanks again! :)

Here's a cheap tool that is very useful for all kinds of panels:

www ebay com /itm/Watch-Back-Case-Opener-Cover-Remover-Battery-Replacement-Watchmaker-Repair-Tool-/141609544270

(can't post links, sorry)

I used it to remove this panel first time, easily, without a scratch.

Danny

wizk1

Bravo T-Jet 150
Embarrassingly, this appears to be the first filter change my (now 10.5yr old) Bravo has ever had. I doubt any garages that have previously done a service have any idea where the filter is since I extracted the original Denso filter along with some bird feathers and rather dead leaves. Since replacing and hoovering out the filter cavity, the difference in vent.... blowage (?) is much, much better than before.

But anyway, as pointed out by others above, this was a complete PITA since the clutch and brake pedals are in the way (RHD) and you need the hands of a small child to get the new filter in.

Thapood1935

A bit of a basic question perhaps, but how do you release the clips? Do you just need to pull very hard, or are there better options. I don't want to replace my pollen filter, but I need access to my Airbag ECU so I can take a photograph of it. This can be reached through the same way, correct?